Who are we?
Human Interest is a high growth venture-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We're a Series B company disrupting a massive but broken industry through empowering small to mid sized businesses to safeguard the financial futures of their employees -- something that only 14% are able to do today. We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
Current 401(k) solutions for small businesses are built on legacy software, involve physical paper forms, and are sold with kickbacks to financial advisors whose interests are misaligned with the financial well-being of their clients. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees, and we’re proud to be working with over 1,300 businesses across the country!
Why Product Operations @ Human Interest?
As an Operations Associate on our Product Operations team, you get to support the day-to-day administration of our clients’ 401(k) plans and ensure accurate and timely financial transactions. Part organizational whiz, part detail ninja, you may be early in your career, but you are methodical, responsible, and eager to make a great impact at an early-stage startup.
Our clients are small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) — a demographic hugely underserved in our industry — looking to provide the easiest and best retirement plan for their employees.
What You Get To Do Every Day:
- Review 401(k) related customer and account data
- Problem-solve issues and double-check reports for discrepancies
- Work cross-functionally with customer success, implementation, engineering, and compliance to address customer inquiries and improve processes to build a better product that is scalable as we continue to grow
- Complete operational tasks such as contribution processing, reconciliation, and corrections
- Become an expert at operational processes and source of knowledge for internal stakeholders
What You Bring To The Role:
- Meticulous attention to detail – you rarely make typos and notice discrepancies that most people would miss
- Strong organizational skills – you can juggle multiple tasks with varying deadlines without ever dropping the ball
- Ability to perform at high efficiency in a fast-paced environment – you can get an incredible amount done in a short amount of time
- Work well on teams – you communicate issues quickly and proactively, take responsibility for your mistakes, and support others
- Good with numbers – you are not afraid of working with large sets of data to uncover trends or errors
- Passion for solving big problems and having a direct and positive impact
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in accounting or the 401(k) industry preferred, but not required
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
Human Interest is proud to provide amazing benefits and perks including:
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Top-of-the-line health insurance plans as well as dental and vision insurance. Several options with medical premiums fully paid for by the company
- Flexible PTO policy.
- An annual membership to One Medical Group, with membership fees paid by Human Interest.
- Commuter and gym benefits.
- FSA with an employer contribution.
- Dollar-for-dollar match of employee donations to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations, up to a set amount.
- Healthy snacks and drinks available at our office.
- Team retreats and outings.
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.