Who are we?
Human Interest is a Y Combinator-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We're a Series B company disrupting a massive but broken industry through empowering businesses of any size to safeguard the financial futures of their employees -- something that only 14% are able to do today. We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
Current 401(k) solutions for small businesses are built on legacy software, involve physical paper forms, and are sold with kickbacks to financial advisors whose interests are misaligned with the financial well-being of their clients. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees, and we’re proud to be working with over a thousand businesses across the country!
Why Growth @ Human Interest?
As an experienced web developer on the team, you will get to help build our financial engine. You will collaborate with domain experts to design, build, test, and own the customer journey for servicing 401(k) plans and making our customers happy. As reliability is key to earning our customers’ trust, you will build an experience that are observable, maintainable, and scalable.
What You Get To Do Every Day:
- You get to optimize every aspect of the end user experience - website and product. For example, you get excited by making our website load faster. You enjoy running A/B tests. You have an interest in SEO, analytics, funnels metrics, design and inspired by the process of refinement. You will work directly with the Sr. Director of Growth and along side the rest of the marketing and product team.
What You Bring To The Role:
- You have an appetite to work across various technical disciplines. For example, you can take design ideas from Photoshop/Figma to responsive web pages in Wordpress. Or log in to Heap analytics and create funnel reports. A curiosity to increase essential business metrics. Inspired to execute SEO tactics and launch A/B tests. Love the idea of constantly optimizing our lead form to reduce friction. No change is too big or small to make a customer experience people love.
Front-End Web Developer, Growth, B2B Demand Gen
- Must have 4-8+ years of web development engineering industry experience
- Is comfortable working with Wordpress CMS, or another CMS.
- Experience working with leading frameworks, like React and Angular.
- Good understanding of how browsers and DOM work.
- Experience taking designs from Figma/Photoshop and turning into web pages.
- Proficiency with browser developer tools.
- Solid understanding of web performance and page load time.
- Experience with web asset optimization and content delivery networks.
- Is excited to work with A/B testing tools and launch experiments.
- Able to maintain data integrity of analytics tools and create reports.
- Experience with web analytics and SEO.
- Knowledge of responsive web design.
- Strong analytical skills with a keen eye for solving problems.
- B2B software company experience is a plus.
Please apply if you don't match everything above! We are more interested in talent and trajectory than qualifications or knowledge.
Human Interest is proud to provide amazing benefits and perks including:
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Top-of-the-line health insurance plans, as well as dental and vision insurance, with premiums fully paid for by the company.
- Flexible PTO policy.
- An annual membership to One Medical Group, with membership fees paid by Human Interest.
- Commuter and gym benefits.
- FSA with an employer contribution.
- Dollar-for-dollar match of employee donations to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations, up to a set amount.
- Healthy snacks and drinks available at our office.
- Team retreats and outings.
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.