Who are we?
Human Interest is a high growth venture-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We're a Series B company disrupting a massive but broken industry through empowering small to mid sized businesses to safeguard the financial futures of their employees -- something that only 14% are able to do today. We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
Current 401(k) solutions for small businesses are built on legacy software, involve physical paper forms, and are sold with kickbacks to financial advisors whose interests are misaligned with the financial well-being of their clients. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees, and we’re proud to be working with over 1300 businesses across the country!
Why Product Design @ Human Interest?
401(k)'s are critical to the financial futures of tens of millions of people, yet most people find them to be extremely confusing and intimidating. We believe there’s a tremendous opportunity to make long-term saving and investing more accessible by focusing on design and the user experience -- just like Mint, Acorns, and Wealthfront did for other areas of personal finance.
You’ll help us design an intuitive, easy-to-use, and accessible 401(k) product that makes a real impact on people’s financial lives.
What You Get To Do Every Day:
- Design intuitive, elegant user flows and experiences across our web product
- Continuously collaborate with product managers, engineers, and designers from product discovery to delivery
- Deeply understand our customers through user interviews and testing, and use research and data to guide your decision-making
- Help drive the design vision of the company
- Actively contribute to product strategy decisions
What You Bring To The Role:
- 5+ years of product design experience
- Experience creating user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity designs, and prototypes
- Ability to design simple and elegant solutions to complicated user problems and business opportunities
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience conducting user research and usability testing
- Some understanding of personal finance is a plus
Human Interest is proud to provide amazing benefits and perks including:
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Top-of-the-line health insurance plans as well as dental and vision insurance. Several options with medical premiums fully paid for by the company
- Flexible PTO policy.
- An annual membership to One Medical Group, with membership fees paid by Human Interest.
- Commuter and gym benefits.
- FSA with an employer contribution.
- Dollar-for-dollar match of employee donations to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations, up to a set amount.
- Healthy snacks and drinks available at our office.
- Team retreats and outings.
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.