Who are we?
Human Interest is a Y Combinator-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We're a Series A company disrupting a massive but broken industry through empowering businesses of any size to safeguard the financial futures of their employees -- something that only 14% are able to do today. We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
Current 401(k) solutions for small businesses are built on legacy software, involve physical paper forms, and are sold with kickbacks to financial advisors whose interests are misaligned with the financial well-being of their clients. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees, and we’re proud to be working with over a thousand businesses across the country!
Why Sales Development @ Human Interest?
We’re searching for an exceptional Sales Development Manager to work directly with our VP of Sales to build and scale our Sales Development organization from scratch starting with your individual efforts.
What You Get To Do Every Day:
Build and lead the SDR program
- Lead from the front as an individual contributor to initiate the program and find your backfill in short order
- Be a key sales leader and collaborate with senior leadership across Sales, Marketing, and Operations to build scalable systems, tools, and processes that result in strong pipeline creation and new logo acquisition
- Design playbooks, career paths, tech stack, and appropriate measurements for the sales development organization
- Recruit, hire, coach, motivate, and retain top talent that quickly exceed goals and scale within the organization
- Develop and maintain a strong performance culture that exceeds pipeline targets
- High energy professional with a positive attitude and a deep desire to develop people and grow their careers in a supportive, yet accountable, work environment that people love to come to
- Serve as SDRs’ day-to-day mentor and coach- assist in identifying lead sources, constructing prospect lists, shadowing calls, refining pitches, working through prospect objections, building product knowledge, and performing other activities that will grow new business pipeline
Analyze and Iterate
- A willingness to challenge the status quo - you are excited to experiment, measure, get creative and iterate
- Obsessive attention to detail and data analysis; experienced using salesforce and reporting
- Relentless focus on performance, efficiency, and effectiveness leveraging data
- Evaluate and refine the qualification/conversion process to improve results
- Report on team/individual results to management
- Optimize messaging and quality of touches, leveraging automation and personalization techniques that drive pipeline creation
- Manage, track, and report on your team’s activities, quotas, and performance using Salesforce ensuring your team is delivering to targets
What You Bring To The Role:
- 2+ years experience in a Sales Development capacity in a high growth organization
- Competitive team player and leader that is curious, career-motivated, goal-oriented and extremely driven with a track record of exceeding targets
- You’re collaborative, thoughtful, and resourceful and measure your success by the success of the team around you
- A passion for operational rigor and excellence. You love finding the levers to accelerate growth
- Tech Stack - Salesforce, Outreach, Gong, Intercom, Zoom, Calendly, and others
- Leadership presence - peers and colleagues see you to set the example
- Experience with 401k or HR benefits is desirable
- Willing to travel to other office locations
- Bachelor's degree
- Desire to lead, coach, and develop others around you. You have a passion for developing talent and coaching a team to success
- Understand how to effectively prioritize initiatives and delegate work, but also comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done.
- Ambitious, self-motivated, goal-oriented and extremely driven
- Strong communication skills - this role will require consistent communication with leaders across sales, marketing, customer experience and business operations organizations
- Ability to adapt easily to a rapidly-changing environment
Please apply if you don't match everything above! We are more interested in talent and trajectory than qualifications or knowledge.
Human Interest is proud to provide amazing benefits and perks including:
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Top-of-the-line health insurance plans, as well as dental and vision insurance, with premiums fully paid for by the company.
- Flexible PTO policy.
- An annual membership to One Medical Group, with membership fees paid by Human Interest.
- Commuter and gym benefits.
- FSA with an employer contribution.
- Dollar-for-dollar match of employee donations to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations, up to a set amount.
- Healthy snacks and drinks available at our office.
- Team retreats and outings.
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.