Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
As a Technology Program Manager, you will be responsible for managing activities related to new technology development with complex system integration. This role requires someone with excellent communication and project management skills as well as broad technical knowledge and experience in the consumer electronics space. The Technology PM will also drive technical and schedule alignment among numerous vendors and cross-functional teams in the development of critical Hardware technology.
What You Might Do
- Manage the holistic development of Hardware technologies that enables key product use cases across different development phases, multiple external vendors and internal design, SW and HW engineering teams
- Drive communication and maintain alignment with all critical cross functional teams; Design, EE, PD, FW, SW, Experiences, Operations, Supply Chain, Test, Manufacturing Engineering
- Drive technical coordination between vendors, development partners, and cross-functional teams. Ensure requirements and deliverables are aligned across the supply chain and technology stack; plan and lead multi-site technical and strategic meetings
- Own the technology development schedule, drive schedule risk mitigations and integration of critical technology delivery dates
- Drive the cross-functional teams on risk assessments, trade off discussions, mitigation path planning and execution to validate and mature technology development
- 5+ years experience in an EPM or TPM role working on high-volume consumer electronics
- Experience managing many parallel deliverables during both New Technology Introduction (NTI) and New Product Introduction (NPI) phases to meet both technology specific and high level product milestones
- Experience with planning for initial concept development, proof of concept builds, NTI and NPI phase of product development and can drive cross-functional teams on roadmapping, internal and external resource planning, and build execution
- Experience managing the development of complex embedded systems involving multiple optical electrical mechanical modules or systems with overseas suppliers and development partners; different types of optical assemblies, multiple PCBA assemblies and types, multiple FPGAs/ASICs/MCU’s/SOC’’s, and multiple software images
- Experience developing and deploying build management and organization tools such as build matrices, design/process down selection plans, lead time planning, and forecast planning
- Ability to travel to factories and development partners to support builds and development (when feasible)
- BS/MS in an engineering or technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience managing the development of sensing Hardware technology and delivering products into consumer hands is a plus
Salary Range: $135,000 - $215,000
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is listed above. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge and skills
- At Humane, you'll enjoy benefits that include health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits include: comprehensive healthcare insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401K plan
- Humane employees also enjoy generous paid time off and leave programs, commuter benefits, team events, snacks and other perks
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.