Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
Humane's System Software team is responsible for firmware, operating system software, hardware-accelerated algorithms, connectivity, and core developer frameworks supporting our products. We serve as the glue between our hardware teams and our higher-level software teams, and delight in finding creative solutions to complex, interdisciplinary problems as we bring our product visions to life.
As a Cellular Integration Software Engineer on our team, you will design, develop, and implement connectivity solutions, with a concentration on cellular application functionality, Android telephony, and modem interaction. You will work within the team and cross functionally to provide cellular and telephony solutions that provide great customer experiences.
What You Might Do
- Develop, integrate, and customize software for cellular features
- Support carrier/lab/field testing efforts and any other internal/external cellular related testing activities
- Assist with hardware bring-up, testing, debugging, and device manufacturing
- Debug, triage, and fix cellular related issues
- 2+ years of experience shipping cellular enabled devices
- 2+ years of experience in design/validation of 5G NR/LTE/UMTS cellular protocol stack
- General understanding of Linux/Android processes and interactions between the Application processor and Communication processor
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal teams and external vendors to drive feature development and debugging.
- Strong Software Engineering skills including design, programming (C, C++, or Java) and debugging
- Ability to collaborate in a psychologically safe and healthy team environment
- Experience development automation frameworks for cellular/other connectivity technologies
- Experience with IMS components (especially VoLTE and VoWiFi)
- Experience with the debug of cellular SW and HW failures, identifying root-causes and recommending fixes
- Experience developing in Android RIL/Telephony
- Experience with SW version control, code management/branching.
- Solid troubleshooting experience with wireless technologies, specifically 5G NR and/or LTE
Salary range: $155,000 - $195,000
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is listed above. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge and skills
- At Humane, you'll enjoy benefits that include health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits include: comprehensive healthcare insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401K plan
- Humane employees also enjoy generous paid time off and leave programs, commuter benefits, team events, snacks and other perks
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.