Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
Humane's System Software team is responsible for firmware, operating system software, hardware-accelerated algorithms, connectivity, and core developer frameworks supporting our products. We serve as the glue between our hardware teams and our higher-level software teams, and delight in finding creative solutions to complex, interdisciplinary problems as we bring our product visions to life.
As a Senior Systems Software Engineer, Cellular Validation, you will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of connectivity test solutions, with a concentration on cellular, carrier compliance, certification, telephony and HW/SW RF performance. You will also have the opportunity to develop leadership skills as you coordinate development and test efforts with vendors, consultants, and manufacturing partners.
What You Might Do
- Support network testing, lab/field testing and any other internal/external RF related testing activities
- Work closely with our internal RF/Antenna teams and chipset vendors to perform defect analysis and quality fixes
- Debug, triage and support connectivity, modem, and telephony issues from factory/certification (GCF, PTCRB, IOT, FIT), working closely with vendors
- Assist with system bring-up, testing, debugging and device manufacturing, including telephony/IMS
- Support the power, performance and stability of connectivity subsystems and features
- Review carrier requirements, identify gaps between carrier requirements/chipset capabilities, and develop/execute test plans for features, end user scenarios and 3GPP use cases
- Develop connectivity related automated testing
- 2+ years of experience shipping cellular enabled devices
- Familiarity with cellular technologies (LTE or 5G), and 3GPP/3GPP2 Standards
- Experience with carrier requirements and carrier compliance
- Familiarity with SoC architecture
- Ability to collaborate in a psychologically safe and healthy team environment
- Exposure to commercial test simulators such as : Anritu, RS, keysight call boxes for lab validation
- Understanding of wireless system verification processes
- Experience in the design, implementation, and/or bring-up of modem/RF subsystems
- Experience working with telecom carriers on cellular certification and/or with carrier specific customizations
- Experience working in a testing lab environment for RF systems and with RF test equipment
- Experience with the debug and troubleshooting of RF SW and HW failures, identifying root-causes and recommending fixes
- Experience with RIL, telephony, and IMS components
- Experience with Modem/RF systems testing, GCF/PTCRB certification, and OTA testing
- Experience in Android connection manager, collecting diagnostics reports, etc.
- Expertise in Regulatory Compliance in areas of EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility), RF (Radio Frequency) and Safety, to obtain certifications
- Knowledge of 3GPP/3GPP2 air interface and data protocols such as 5G-NR, LTE-A, HSPA, WCDMA, GSM, EV-DO, and 1xRTT
- Experienced with log analysis and know how to operate test box and conducting testing
Salary range: $185,000 - $235,000
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is listed above. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge and skills
- At Humane, you'll enjoy benefits that include health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits include: comprehensive healthcare insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401K plan
- Humane employees also enjoy generous paid time off and leave programs, commuter benefits, team events, snacks and other perks
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
Humane currently has a Mandatory Vaccination Policy in place for all individuals who enter any Humane space, subject to the exemptions as required by law. Please do not disclose vaccination status unless requested by our Health & Wellness Coordinator. Thank you.
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.