Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
Humane is rapidly growing and looking for a Senior Compensation Partner to join our People Operations team. This is a new role designed to help attract, motivate, and retain phenomenal Humane talent. We’re looking to bring on an innovative Compensation Partner to help build the rewards practice from the ground up to ensure Humane’s approach towards total rewards is equitable, competitive and responsive to the market. In this role, you will work closely with the Head of People Operations to establish the vision for total rewards in close partnership with our leadership team, recruiting team, and finance.
What You Might Do
- Program Design: Partner closely with Head of People Operations to build and drive the design and execution of Humane’s Compensation Philosophy. Ensure compensation and benefit programs comply with current legislation and are designed to help Humane achieve its goals, while ensuring internal equity and external competitiveness. Design a motivating compensation structure and levels which supports internal movement and career progression.
- Partner with Leadership: Provide leadership guidance when building the company's compensation programs including annual salary planning, merit increase processes, benefits renewal, and other incentive programs to ensure alignment with the company's goals. Provide compensation consulting expertise to aligned business areas, advising on how best to optimize pay components
- Partner with Recruitment: As an expert on the local markets, partner with our Talent team to ensure fair competitive compensation, including internal equity across all employees.
- Pulse of Market: Aware of key trends in the market. Conduct frequent external market analysis and benchmarking to ensure Humane’s total rewards strategy remains competitive.
- Employee Education & Compliance: Facilitate internal training, communication, and education on current and changing compensation and benefit programs.
- Analyze data & prepare reports for HR, Finance, Managers, and others as needed.
- Automate and scale reward and benefit processes.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in human resources, business and/or related fields
- 7+ years of progressive experience with building total rewards programs
- Experience analyzing data and presenting findings in order to show the bigger picture
- Proven experience managing confidential data and information with professionalismStrong project management and organizational skills, with passion for details
- Alignment with Humane Values of truth, trust + joy
- A strong builder of relationships - experience connecting with and advising HR peers, Recruiters, and leaders within the business
- CCP or SHRM certification a plus
- Experience working in technology, fast growth or start-up environment
- HR knowledge and familiarity with local labor and compensation legal requirements
- Passion for building and continuously improving cross-functional programs and processes
- Action-oriented and thrives on getting things done
Salary range: $150,000 - $185,000
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is listed above. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge and skills
- At Humane, you'll enjoy benefits that include health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits include: comprehensive healthcare insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401K plan
- Humane employees also enjoy generous paid time off and leave programs, commuter benefits, team events, snacks and other perks
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
Humane currently has a Mandatory Vaccination Policy in place for all individuals who enter any Humane space, subject to the exemptions as required by law. Please do not disclose vaccination status unless requested by our Health & Wellness Coordinator. Thank you.
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.