Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
Come and lead the Humane Product Security Team to create something the world has never seen before. We are attempting something impactful, innovating at the deepest levels of hardware and going big with a service that will compel users to experience computing in a new way. Security is a key component of our product and is absolutely integral to our success.
You are a leader that can build teams, manage nuanced security issues, balance user experience with security, all with the full support of a company that really gets product security’s importance in the modern world. You will proactively engage in cross-functional projects to make the security of Humane’s products world class. You understand cryptography, security, privacy, protocols and scaling. You will work with, manage and hire the best talent in the industry and help your team be successful across a broad range of projects and responsibilities. You will have fun at a dynamic company with a deep commitment to product.
What You Might Do
- Hire a world class team of software engineers in product security to create secure, scalable and privacy-aware technology.
- Collect context from design, hardware, system software, services software, infrastructure, legal and other teams to gain the necessary understanding to design & implement security solutions to meet the needs of the business.
- Deal with ambiguity and dynamism to take a product to version 1.0.
- Design security solutions and write code. (We’re a startup!)
- Keep abreast of industry-wide security threats and hacking trends to keep Humane’s products secure.
- Work with brilliant colleagues.
- Successfully hired and managed a high caliber team of engineers
- Understand cryptography, protocols, authentication, authorization, security vulnerabilities
- Approach product development proactively – you see a need and you jump in to make it happen
- Great communication skills
- Software engineering experience – you can design software & write code
- Self-directed, selfless and mature
- Confident in your opinions and not threatened when challenged
- Open to feedback and modest enough to admit when you’re wrong
- Growth mindset – you’ll be learning every day
- A mentorship approach to your team
- Cloud & CloudSec experience
- Hardware security understanding (secure boot, secure update, HSMs, secure enclave, TEEs, etc.)
- Security protocol experience (TLS, OAuth, etc.)
- Secure coding knowledge
- Familiarity with machine learning
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is listed above. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge and skills
- At Humane, you'll enjoy benefits that include health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits include: comprehensive healthcare insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401K plan
- Humane employees also enjoy generous paid time off and leave programs, commuter benefits, team events, snacks and other perks
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
Humane currently has a Mandatory Vaccination Policy in place for all individuals who enter any Humane space, subject to the exemptions as required by law. Please do not disclose vaccination status unless requested by our Health & Wellness Coordinator. Thank you.
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.