Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will build scalable and reliable infrastructure to support Humane’s mission to reimagine computing. Reliability at high scale is a core feature in our product and is essential for a great user experience. We also understand that maintaining both engineering velocity and reliability is essential to building a great product. Very low latency, world-class, privacy-protecting security, and top-tier durability are all requirements for Humane to achieve our vision.
What You Might Do
- Design and build operational systems and processes for mission-critical services that power the core experiences built at Humane
- Increase engineering velocity and safety through repeatable processes, automation, and cloud best practices
- Consult with a multidisciplinary team of software engineers to design, build and deploy fault-tolerant and highly available systems
- Be part of a production on-call support rotation
- 8+ years of SRE or similar experience
- Experience debugging production issues ranging from the application layer down to the network layer
- Fluency with a container orchestration system like Kubernetes or similar
- Proficiency with one of AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Ability to collaborate empathetically and cross functionally
- Experience with CI/CD systems like Spinnaker or ArgoCD
- Fluency in Java, Go, or similar
- Proficiency with an Infrastructure-as-Code framework such as Terraform or Pulumi
- Solid understanding of cloud security
- Experience with modern networking technology like HTTP/3, eBPF, or edge computing
Salary range: $185,000 - $235,000
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is listed above. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge and skills
- At Humane, you'll enjoy benefits that include health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits include: comprehensive healthcare insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401K plan
- Humane employees also enjoy generous paid time off and leave programs, commuter benefits, team events, snacks and other perks
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
Humane currently has a Mandatory Vaccination Policy in place for all individuals who enter any Humane space, subject to the exemptions as required by law. Please do not disclose vaccination status unless requested by our Health & Wellness Coordinator. Thank you.
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.