Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
Humane is looking for a Senior Engineering Program Manager, Security, to join our innovative software engineering team to drive new product development while helping the organization reach its overarching business goals. By executing and overseeing multiple related projects a Senior EPM will provide the oversight necessary to support project-level activities as well as the decision-making capacity to align goals across the program. The Senior EPM achieves this by being highly collaborative, very detail-oriented, insightful, driven to manage project risk and always “closing the loop.”
What You Might Do
- You will work directly with our Product Security Engineering team to manage all aspects of product development of security components.
- You will work with our Product Marketing, hardware EPM, software EPM, Engineering, Operations, Legal and other teams to map out security needs for product launches across various geographies with a range of partners.
- You will work closely with the hardware and senior engineering teams and EPMs to understand feature roadmaps and impact to system software, hardware design and test requirements.
- You will be a vital security point of contact and will drive security critical technologies and issues to resolution.
- You will develop dashboards and reporting to share the technical health of product security development and progress.
- You will proactively identify and highlight risks to the Software and Hardware Engineering teams that may jeopardize product launches.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of experience in Program Management for software development, first party consumer products.
- Good understanding of system software and consumer hardware.
- Proven track record for understanding and communicating technical/engineering issues.
- Subject matter expertise of executing product development across platforms.
- Some level of understanding of (or a strong desire to learn!) security, privacy and cryptography.
- You are familiar with industry trends and directions.
- You are a consensus builder, diplomat, and influencer within a complex organization.
- You do not shy away from ambiguity and relish unique challenges and opportunities of security development of consumer products.
- You are excited by the opportunity and responsibility to collaborate with teams across a full stack from user interface to low level systems.
- You enjoy working in a rapid development environment, remaining flexible and thriving in the face of continuous development.
- You are passionate, inspired and creative.
- You are familiar with multiple product and project development disciplines, methodologies and dependencies and how they interact.
- You are familiar with 1st party device development.
- You have a desire to work in a collaborative environment where honesty and accountability are paramount.
- You are able to drive tasks independently and escalate and communicate issues and needs clearly.
- You love complexity and hard problems to solve.
- You value adherence to dates and timelines.
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
Humane currently has a Mandatory Vaccination Policy in place for all individuals who enter any Humane space, subject to the exemptions as required by law. Please do not disclose vaccination status unless requested by our Health & Wellness Coordinator. Thank you.
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.