Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About the Role
As a product designer, you will imagine, prototype, craft, and, eventually, ship products. Each person on our team is a doer, a maker and a learner. There is a passion for pushing our designs forward every day, doggedly pursuing more profound ideas and sensational products. If you are passionate about what digital product design could be, enjoy learning and developing skills, thrive in a multidisciplinary, collaborative environment, and, most importantly, have a world-class sense of humor, then this might be an excellent fit for you. We’d love to hear from you.
We kindly ask that you submit a document (i.e. PDF/keynote/video) - not a website) of work that you feel represents you as a designer - i.e., what brings you joy and the kind of design you want to do. Something that allows us to go deeper than a website. This could be any work - from sketches to shipped projects, old or new - anything that you feel will help us better understand how you think, work, create. What are your processes, tool set, and contribution(s)? If you are someone who makes thousands of sketches, we’d like to see them. If you’re someone who belabors each pixel, please show us. If you are a designer who prides themselves on visual style and taste, we’d love to see what you love, what you see, curate and make. If you’re someone who can take a crazy idea and show us how it will work and why you get the picture. If you identify as a problem solver - what problems are you thinking about? How do you express the ideas? Please try to be explicit about the work that you specifically contributed to on any given project you share. If you have questions about this submission requirement, please email Christina Gregory at email@example.com.
- Experience developing, prototyping, and shipping products
- Strong foundation in and intuitive understanding of classical design principles
- 3+ years of digital product design experience
- Keen sense of typography, form and color
- Strong graphic design skills
- Experience designing within the intersection of hardware and software
- Experience working and collaborating with engineering
- Experience with interaction design and user experience
- Ability to solve immediate problems while having an eye on the future
- Driven to uncover the most profound ideas
- Proven talent for pushing ideas and design conventions beyond
- Passionate about creating extraordinary design systems
- An impeccable maker
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Receive excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, equity ownership in Humane and competitive salaries
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
Humane currently has a Mandatory Vaccination Policy in place for all individuals who enter any Humane space, subject to the exemptions as required by law. Please do not disclose vaccination status unless requested by our Health & Wellness Coordinator. Thank you.
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.