Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
Humane’s AI Services team connects information about the world around you to the cloud’s power of inference and computing. You will build modular, low latency systems that enable us to delight our customers . In this role you will leverage existing technologies, experiment and explore to create new ones, and creatively tackle ambiguous problems.
What You Might Do
- Integrate with third party machine learning APIs and train your own models
- Build systems that accumulate understanding to allow us to better understand user behaviors and contexts
- Evaluate third party services to find the best offerings
- Drive new features from prototype to completion by collaborating closely with designers and infrastructure engineers
- Owning projects from inception through customer ship
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience training or deploying machine learning models to production
- Comfortable evaluating options for build vs. buy and choosing best fit products
- Ability to evaluate and improving performance of AI models
- Experience integrating third party APIs, working within distributed systems
- Familiarity with graph databases and designing knowledge graph data schemas
- Instincts for using data to draw conclusions and guide future work
Salary range: $155,000 - $195,000
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is listed above. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge and skills
- At Humane, you'll enjoy benefits that include health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits include: comprehensive healthcare insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401K plan
- Humane employees also enjoy generous paid time off and leave programs, commuter benefits, team events, snacks and other perks
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
Humane currently has a Mandatory Vaccination Policy in place for all individuals who enter any Humane space, subject to the exemptions as required by law. Please do not disclose vaccination status unless requested by our Health & Wellness Coordinator. Thank you.
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.