Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
Humane's System Software team is responsible for firmware, operating system software, hardware-accelerated algorithms, power management, and core developer frameworks supporting our products. We serve as the glue between our hardware teams and our higher-level software teams, and delight in finding creative solutions to complex, interdisciplinary problems as we bring our product visions to life.
As a software engineer on this team, you will design, develop and implement power related solutions, with a concentration on charging, power management, and power/performance tradeoffs. You will collaborate closely with our hardware engineering team to enable delightful user experiences, through optimized power/performance and maximum battery life.
What You Might Do
- Optimize performance and power consumption across all aspects of the OS
- Develop, integrate and customize power and charging related features and functionality
- Debug, triage, and fix power and charging related issues
- Collaborate with the hardware team on schematic design and board bringup
- Develop automated manufacturing tests
- Implement/optimize Linux kernel drivers
- 5+ years experience developing system software on Linux/Android devices
- Familiarity with SoC architecture
- Awareness of power/performance tradeoffs in SW design
- Experience in the design, implementation, and bring-up of power management and/or charging subsystems
- Strong software engineering skills, including design, programming (C, C++, or Java) and debugging
- Ability to collaborate in a psychologically safe and healthy team environment
- Experience with the debug of SW and HW power and charging failures, identifying root-causes and recommending fixes
- Experience developing firmware, bootloaders, UEFI, drivers or services for power setup, power management and charging
- Experience with embedded Linux/Android board bring-up
Salary range: $185,000 - $235,000
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is listed above. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge and skills
- At Humane, you'll enjoy benefits that include health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits include: comprehensive healthcare insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401K plan
- Humane employees also enjoy generous paid time off and leave programs, commuter benefits, team events, snacks and other perks
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
Humane currently has a Mandatory Vaccination Policy in place for all individuals who enter any Humane space, subject to the exemptions as required by law. Please do not disclose vaccination status unless requested by our Health & Wellness Coordinator. Thank you.
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.