Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
As a Cloud Services Engineer you will build scalable, reliable, backend systems to support Humane’s mission to reimagine computing. We believe that how we work is as important as what we ship. Our experience has taught us how much we always still have to learn. Since we will endlessly evolve as we progress, we need to maximize Humane’s velocity and build a services platform that enables the company to play, explore, adapt, and re-work along the way. For this reason we prioritize designs and tooling that anticipate change and leverage sound engineering principles like abstraction, composition, virtualization, automation and short dev/build/test/deploy cycles
What You Might Do
- Design, implement, test and help operate new components of our service platform
- Work with modern containerization (& cloud) technologies like Kubernetes
- Work cross-functionally across engineering, design, product and marketing to help shape our product vision and build delightful user experiences
- 3+ years of professional software development in java or similar language
- Experience with distributed system design and construction
- Familiarity with public cloud offerings, with a focus on the lower layers of the stack like VMs, VPCs, storage and IAM
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Kubernetes and cloud provider offerings is a plus
- Experience collaborating empathetically and cross functionally
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Headquarters in San Francisco - within walking distance to Bart, Muni and CalTrain
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Receive excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, equity ownership in Humane and competitive salaries
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.