Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
Humane’s Experiences Software Engineering team is responsible for developing the unique interactions, frameworks, and applications required for a new class of device. We work closely with our Design, System Software, Computer Vision, and Cloud Services teams, enabling first-of-their-kind experiences for our re-imagining of what a computing platform can be. We’re creating intuitive, reliable, and highly performant interactions that are truly transformative. If that interests you, we'd love to hear from you!
What You Might Do
- Collaborate closely with our design team to prototype and bring interactions to life
- Drive tasks independently, solve challenging problems, and communicate issues and needs clearly
- Build new interaction models, connecting unique sensors to application-level frameworks
- Work with our Cloud Services team to enable innovative, complex, and low-latency service interactions
- Integrate services and frameworks including machine learning and computer vision
- Implement protocols for efficient communication across processes on a mobile device
- 8+ years professional software development experience
- Strong object-oriented design and programming skills
- Strong communication skills and highly collaborative
- Experience iterating quickly to enable the company to play, explore, adapt, and re-work along the way
- Strong attention to detail and knowledge of engineering best practices
- Experience with developing software for mobile devices
- Experience interfacing with network-dependent services
- Familiarity with computer vision and machine learning concepts
- Excellent application architecture or framework design skills
Salary range: $185,000 - $235,000
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is listed above. Final salary offered is based upon multiple factors including individual job-related qualifications, education, experience, knowledge and skills
- At Humane, you'll enjoy benefits that include health & wellness and work/life balance offerings. Our portfolio of benefits include: comprehensive healthcare insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a 401K plan
- Humane employees also enjoy generous paid time off and leave programs, commuter benefits, team events, snacks and other perks
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
Humane currently has a Mandatory Vaccination Policy in place for all individuals who enter any Humane space, subject to the exemptions as required by law. Please do not disclose vaccination status unless requested by our Health & Wellness Coordinator. Thank you.
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.