Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
Humane’s Partnerships team bridges the gap between key third-party partners and our other services and software teams, keeping user experience at the forefront of everything we build. In this role, you will leverage your expertise to build backend systems and user interfaces to drive development of features critical to Humane’s reimagining of what a computing platform can be.
What You Might Do
- Create dependable, scalable, and secure backend services that integrate with third-party partners
- Help build intuitive and innovative user interfaces for our first-of-its-kind mobile device
- Design and engineer highly performant APIs for a services-first platform
- Drive features from rapid prototyping to completion, working closely with our software and design teams up and down the stack
- Collaborate to drive engineering efforts spanning internal and external teams
- 3+ years professional software development experience
- Experience collaborating empathetically and cross functionally – collaboration with remote teams, external vendors, and/or client teams is a plus
- Experience building, integrating, and maintaining robust and secure APIs in a production environment
- An eye for detail in crafting intuitive user interfaces
- Strong object-oriented design and programming skills
- Experience shipping consumer products from start to finish
- Generalist skills with experience working at all levels of the stack
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Headquarters in San Francisco - within walking distance to Bart, Muni and CalTrain
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Receive excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, equity ownership in Humane and competitive salaries
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.