Who We Are
Humane is a team of proven industry experts who have invented, built, and shipped category-defining hardware and software products to billions of people across the globe. We're known for building the audacious, ambitious, and the impossible, and we're doing it again. Our vision for the next shift between humans and computing requires innovation across multiple emerging technologies in hardware and software, from devices to cloud services.
About The Role
Humane's System Software team enables on-device experiences to take full advantage of our hardware capabilities. We collaborate with internal and external partners in a high-leverage environment that enables us to spend a majority of our time developing solutions that are unique to our hardware, sensors, algorithms, and interaction models. If you enjoy solving complex, interdisciplinary problems with a world-class team, we'd love to hear from you!
What You Might Do
- Accelerate algorithms on special-purpose SoC HW :GPU, DSP, etc
- Implement Linux kernel device drivers
- Customize operating system frameworks to enable delightful device interactions
- Collaborate with the hardware team on schematic design and board bringup
- Develop automated manufacturing tests
- Optimize performance and power consumption
- 3+ years experience developing system software on Linux/Android devices
- Familiarity with SoC architecture
- Experience developing SW for HW accelerators: OpenGL, Vulkan, DSP, etc
- Experience developing multimedia or wireless device drivers
- Experience with embedded Linux/Android board bringup
- Awareness of power/performance tradeoffs in SW design
- Ability to collaborate and contribute in a psychologically safe and healthy team environment
- Develop cutting edge technologies in a creative and innovative environment
- Imagine new opportunities in areas that matter and will impact the world you live in
- Headquarters in San Francisco - within walking distance to Bart, Muni and CalTrain
- Be a part of a high performing team of the world’s best innovators and executors
- Receive excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, equity ownership in Humane and competitive salaries
- Flexible work arrangements to support you in working in the way that you work best
- Our values: trust truth +joy
At Humane, diversity is important to us.
Humane is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion (including, but not necessarily limited to, religious creed, dress, and grooming practices), citizenship, marital status, age, national origin, place of birth, height, weight, ancestry, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, U.S. (state and federal) military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical condition), or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws (“protected characteristics” or “protected categories”). Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. At Humane, building a healthy and safe workplace is core to our mission. We prohibit harassment of any kind.