Human Capital is a venture firm for engineers. We believe great companies are built by great engineers, and we invest in people and companies that share the same belief.
In the last 5 years, that mantra has led us to invest in 10 companies before they became unicorns, including Snowflake, Anduril, Livongo, and Brex (where we wrote the first check). We have over $500M AUM and we've built a network of over 5,000 incredible, driven, ambitious engineers.
Now we’re looking for our first Head of People to help write our next chapter.
The Head of People will work closely with leadership to develop, communicate, and execute a holistic People strategy for Human Capital—to build a culture that helps its people do their best work and build meaningful careers, and helps the company accomplish its objectives and vision.
You will create and execute a robust talent development strategy that includes: creating a comprehensive and engaging company on-boarding program, building and leading performance review and feedback processes to drive a culture of feedback and learning, developing career ladders and growth plans, and establishing manager effectiveness programs to support managers and their teams. You’ll advance our Diversity and Inclusion efforts by creating intentional and impactful programs and structure. You will be a culture carrier and shepherd systems, behaviors, and events that champion the Human Capital culture. In addition, you will own Workplace, Total Rewards, People Ops/Systems and the overall employee experience - partnering with outside specialists as needed.
If you’re inherently drawn to the startup world, you’re intrigued by venture, and you want to help build a people function from the ground up—we’d love to talk.
- Lead all things people, from programs like talent management to specialized areas like compensation/benefits and risk/compliance
- Evolve on-boarding programs to support a meaningful headcount increase in 2021
- Develop a performance management system supporting a culture of feedback and development
- Create talent management programs that include career development frameworks and ladders and manager effectiveness programs
- Bring the leadership team together to operationalize and establish the people systems and behaviors that support the values and long term culture of the organization
- Deep experience in the People function and broad exposure to its many elements ranging from talent management to total rewards
- Built and developed effective people programs, including performance management, career development & manager effectiveness
- Worked in a company that has a strong and well defined culture
- Experience working in a fast paced, fast growing and evolving environment
- Track record of partnering with and influencing diverse stakeholders
- Experience working in Venture, Professional Services and/or Consulting firms preferred
- First principles and frameworks driven
- High EQ: you’re an active listener, rational, empathetic and personally motivated
- High business acumen: understands how the business operates, uses data and quantitative metrics
- Strategic thinker who anticipates what’s next and presents creative solutions