Human Agency offers full-service business solutions to partners and the organizations we create. We are a team of problem solvers driven by purpose and commitment to the free exercise of our and our partners’ human agency.
We are seeking a strong Technical Project Manager who can manage the tactical operations required to run a successful software and IT operation for a key agency client. This individual will ensure that feedback from the user is captured, features are developed according to customer need, and that the client stakeholders and affiliated teams are successful.
- Project Management: Manage and oversee the needs of the technical teams and lead them to success through organized management and documentation of needs
- Document product requests and process improvements from both internal and external stakeholders
- Integrate client and team feedback into a prioritized roadmap for execution
- Accelerate the project management pipeline by validating and “Accepting” into production completed briefs and deliverable requests made by stakeholders outside of the department
- Manage the deployment of new features or web updates to live production environments
- Communicate web, software, systems releases to internal and external stakeholders
- Team Support + Lead: Be the team lead for key IT and software functions supporting a key client
- Participate in weekly sprints by describing and answering questions about workstreams, timelines and deliverables expectations
- Be available to respond to questions or issues about software or IT within internal and external environments
- Supporting the hiring and onboarding of IT or software team members
- Creation of processes and documentation for the setup of IT or software team functions
- Including the auditing and systematization of onboarding/offboarding vendors, SaaS, security-related information and employee access
- Organizing and leading team structures for meetings and workflow management
- Developing functional project workspaces in Jira or other project management systems
- Understand and prioritize issues that are raised by internal or external stakeholders.
This could be the job for you if:
- Excellent communication skills
- 4-6+ years of experience in a Project Management role and Scrum Master
- Technical knowledge and skills using PM software such as Jira, Confluence, Notion
- Championed an Agile, customer-focused transformation alongside in the Project Management discipline
- Highly approachable with ability to take complex questions and break them into individuals tasks that are easily disseminated to software and engineering teams
You also may:
- Have a passion for building software that allows people to impact change
- Have a technical background with an understanding of:
- HTML / CSS
- SQL and Databases
- Github workflow
- Empower people to lead lives they find meaningful
- Deliver real impact
- Live with purpose, love, and adventure
- Pursue pragmatic idealism
- Educate through storytelling
Human Agency is the best place to build a career in the 2020s
- Work: We are a work from anywhere team with employees spanning 11 states and 5 countries. Yes, we’re remote, but we know nothing beats a good jam session, so we offer in-person office and travel opportunities to all employees. Want to visit Caroline in Austin to crank out a pitch with the team? We’ll get you a ticket, place to stay, and lots of tacos.
- Benefits: Healthcare and education are human rights. We offer 100% employee and dependent healthcare coverage, HSA contributions, 401k with match, a 529 with match, and two FSAs to support your growth and well-being.
- Live: We offer unlimited PTO, PTO minimums, paid sabbaticals, paid maternity/paternity leave, and 9 paid holidays to ensure you get the rest you need to feel…well, human.
- Office: Your work environment should be conducive to your health and productivity. We’ll help you deck out your home office and pay for a shared work space if you need a change of scenery.
- Studios: Have an idea for a new product or project? We'll provide resources, funding, and other studio support to make it a reality.
- Learn: In addition to the 529 match, we offer subsidized continuing education and support for select graduate programs.
- Give: A portion of all Human Agency profits are dedicated to humanitarian aid, environmental advocacy, and an employee directed disaster relief.
Location: Anywhere in the USA is fine. We are a fully remote company with employees concentrated in Austin, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and St Louis.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Human Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Human Agency is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.