Over the last 12 months, Hugo has experienced tremendous growth. Revenue increased 3x year over year, and our portfolio of clients expanded from unregulated start-ups to include publicly traded tech giants. To continue on this trajectory, and unlock even more opportunities, we need to “level up” our infrastructure and we are looking for an industry veteran to lead the charge. The ideal candidate is creative, analytical, and hands-on, and excited to use his/her deep expertise to create a “first” in West Africa.
Who you’ll work with:
In this full-time, executive position, you’ll work primarily with Hugo’s Lagos-based Operations team, and be a key partner to the Chief Executive Officer. The role is open to candidates based in or willing to relocate to Nairobi, Cape Town / Johannesburg, or Lagos.
Lead and grow Hugo’s Data Security, Information Technology, and Facilities teams to:
- Implement and manage secure, cost effective, scalable and high-performing infrastructure for both our WFH (work-from-home) and Secure-Site service delivery teams.
- Ensure all infrastructure is fully compliant with industry standards and best practices.
- Develop and implement a holistic information security program to ensure appropriate levels of confidentiality, integrity, availability, safety, privacy, and recovery of information by the company.
- Own information security (re)certification projects (ISO & SOC II) and build Hugo’s ongoing information security compliance & internal audit function.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the client’s information security and infrastructure requirements, to address any client questions re: information security.
- Improve Hugo’s value proposition to our clients by leveling-up the infrastructural element of our service offerings.
- Build and implement operational IT and information security routines, policies, and procedures, and lead the implementation of such.
- Select and manage vendors and IT partners. Leverage industry knowledge and negotiation skills to secure cost-effective and innovative solutions that help us achieve our business goals.
- Business-minded IT veteran with a proven track record.
- A perfectionist at heart with exceptional attention to detail.
- Builder with demonstrable people and systems leadership experience.
- Can convey highly technical concepts to non-technical people (clients, management team).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or a related field from a globally recognized institution. Master’s degree preferred.
- 20+ years in progressively responsible technology roles with accountability for complex infrastructure and information security projects.
- 5+ years in a senior leadership role.
- Excellent knowledge of technology environments, including telecommunications, networks, IT architectures, and information security software solutions.
- Experience leading implementation of information security frameworks (e.g. ISO, SOC, NIST) backed by relevant professional certifications (e.g. PECB-issued certifications) and deep expertise in data security.
- Strategic and technical understanding of corporate governance, risk management and compliance.
- Knowledge of the latest technological advances that could benefit the company, including information security best practices, industry trends, tools, and change management.
- Operational IT experience is a major plus.
What We Offer
- A competitive total compensation and benefits package.
- Opportunity to apply your experience in a fast-growing entrepreneurial environment.
- A high-calibre, fun team committed to the continent.
- Large-scale Impact.