We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. That’s why our mission is to build the world’s most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
We're looking for a thoughtful and enthusiastic Senior Product Designer to help us build an exciting new fan-focused streaming destination for all levels of sport. This role will be directly responsible for leading cross-platform feature design to engage sports teams and fans alike, working collaboratively with partners across disciplines to bring their ideas to life. They will be a key voice on a vibrant team and help to ensure we’re not only delivering great design experiences, but also having great experiences designing them.
As a qualified candidate, you have experience guiding design projects throughout the product lifecycle — from finding opportunities to designing and testing solutions, and shipping live products to your audience across a variety of platforms. You’ll work with a small multi-disciplinary team, partnering closely with engineering, product and business team-members to find practical solutions to design challenges. Together, you’ll solve problems and create experiences that make sports fans jump up in their seats. You’ll take full ownership of your work and responsibility for every last detail with support from your fellow designers. You’ll rapidly prototype and learn by making, knowing when to apply low and high fidelity, and shepherd your work across the finish line by supporting engineering and quality teams.
We’re looking for the right person — not the right sports person. Show us what you’ve got!
Hudl has a flexible location policy. Once we can safely return to our offices, we'll leave it up to you to decide where you want to work: our Lincoln HQ, our Lexington, KY office or remotely within the U.S.
- Interested in working in a fast paced, prototype-driven environment.
- Respectfully blunt when giving and receiving feedback and critique.
- Aware that technical, business, and design constraints factor into every choice.
- Able to tease out the important characteristics of audiences, their environments, and market expectations to drive an intuitive experience.
- Able to work with stakeholders and others in a multi-disciplinary team to define requirements and develop the solution.
- A collaborative communicator who uses those skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm design concepts.
- A people-focused designer who is constantly looking to hone your instincts through user feedback, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- Guide small, cross-functional teams in creating and shipping clear and focused user experiences
- Perform user research to understand latent needs beyond just the basics of what users say they want
- Rough out concepts to test with developers, QA, and the product manager
- Sketch, mock, and prototype key interactions often throwing big pieces out when it doesn't click in a user study
- Work closely with PM’s as we roll-out improvements so that we can refine it as the product gets real-world use
- Measure, study, and be accountable for how well a solution addresses a problem
- Celebrate work at Hudl retreats. We like to gather our Hudlies from around the world to showcase achievements and strategize for the future.
- Treat you like an adult. We’re all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll give you unlimited vacation time and have company-wide timeout days (no meetings allowed).
- Provide career growth. We’re lifelong learners who encourage professional development. We’ll give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Supply you with tools for success. We've invested in our office spaces, designing them with our employees in mind. You’ll have the enriching, flexible environment and powerful hardware you need to do your job well.
- Support your mental and physical health. We care about our employees’ wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program, Employee Resource Groups and fitness partner Peerfit have you covered.
- Cover your medical insurance. We have multiple plans to pick from to ensure you’ll have the coverage you (and your dependents) want.
- Contribute to your 401(K). Yep, that’s free money. We’ll match up to 4% of your own contribution.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusive and accessible environments.
To promote Hudlies being their authentic selves and give everyone opportunities for allyship, we offer employee resource groups. These employee-led groups are drawn together by common affinities, passions and life experiences:
- Her Hudl
- Hudl Black
- Mental Health Champions
- Community Champions
We recognize there’s ongoing work to be done and track our efforts and commitments in annual diversity reports.