Interested in working at Hudl? Awesome. Here’s what you need to know.
Our goal is to change the way coaches, athletes and analysts prepare for and stay ahead of the competition. Whether it’s with video, stats or a combination of the two, we want our tools to help every step of the way. That’s why we’re always hiring—we need the best because a product is only as good as the people behind it.
What do Product Designers do at Hudl?
We make the process above as headache-free as possible. We lead small, cross-functional teams in creating and shipping clear, delightful user experiences.
First, designers conduct primary user research to understand our customers’ latent needs. Designers learn why first-hand. There are no requirement docs handed down. Next, they rough out concepts to test with developers, QAs, and their product manager. They sketch, they mock, and they prototype the key interactions. And often, they throw big pieces out when it doesn't connect in a user test.
Once the concepts start clicking, Product Designers start crafting the interface (HTML & CSS for web apps, Interface Builder for iOS, etc.). They team up with a developer to improve the code and wire it into back-end systems. Finally, they ensure the visuals, interactions, and IA are consistent throughout the flows and are coherent with the rest of the experience.
Designers don’t let go after the first release. They work with PMs as we iterate, rolling-out improvements to the products as they see real use. Practically, this means you carry the squad with beautiful visual design, thoughtful interaction design and front-end code.
- Comfortable with feedback. Giving and receiving respectfully blunt feedback and critique is part of your creative process.
- Organized. You are just as proud of your organization tools (docs, spreadsheets) as you are your best pieces of UI design work.
- Dedicated. Have you heard the phrase, “strong opinions, loosely held?”. Ultimately, you keep an open mind about what’s best for the product, your team and most importantly, customers.
- Knowledgeable. You understand that technical, business, and design constraints factor into every product decision. You are able to think beyond the needs of your role.
- Focused. You know how and when to tactfully say, “No."
- Excited by challenges. You are unafraid to ship small, quick experiments to validate your assumptions and opinions. Challenges are opportunities to grow yourself and your team.
- Treat you like an adult. We trust you to get work done and take a break when you need it. Use time off when you want and how you want.
- Take care of you. Our health insurance and retirement plans will let you and your family sleep soundly.
- Feed you. Hudl provides daily lunches in our Lincoln and Omaha offices, and lunch once a week in our Boston and London offices.
We have offices all over the world, but we are proudly headquartered in Lincoln, NE. We’re looking to begin adding to our teams in Lincoln and Omaha, with Boston to follow.
You read the bullet points twice. You’ve done the appropriate amount of Googling. Now, it’s time to apply. We expect hosted, up-to-date portfolios and a thoughtful, specific cover letter.