Building a team starts with valuing the team. We hire the best of the best to ensure you’re working with people you can constantly learn from. You’re trusted to get your work done your way while testing the limits of what’s possible and what’s next. And you’ll be part of a culture where everyone feels supported.
We also value sports. Not just because of the big wins and highlight-worthy plays, but because of the lasting impact sports can have: the lifelong lessons in teamwork and dedication; the influence of inspiring mentors; the priceless opportunities to play at the next level. Sports can change lives—that’s what we value.
Our team helps the world see sports differently through products that make it easier to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and do a lot more.
Ready to join us?
As a Director of the Hardware Product Management team, you and your team will help define the future of automated capture for Hudl. To succeed, you'll need initiative, resilience, and a customer-first mindset.
The ideal candidate for this role would have a strong track record of shipping software-enabled hardware products and a proven ability to hire and grow key product talent. You have an entrepreneurial mindset, aren't afraid to make decisions and have a passion for technology. In addition to developing the roadmap and setting high level strategy, you are also able to roll up your sleeves and get the job done. You'll make your decisions by diving deep into the data whenever possible, but be comfortable in the face of ambiguity to take calculated leaps of faith. You are also able to effectively communicate with leaders at all levels.
Our flexible work policy means you can decide where you want to work: our Lincoln HQ, our Omaha office or remotely within the majority of U.S. states (exceptions: Alaska, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, D.C., Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington). We have a very strong preference to hire this role in the central or eastern time zones to optimize working hours with our teams in Europe.
- Experienced. You have a Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline (ie: engineering or science), 5+ years of experience in Product Management, and have helped build and launch hardware products. Working on hardware product management is a hard requirement for this position.
- A proven people leader. You have at least 2+ years managing a team of product managers and can lead/coach a high performing team of Product Managers to deliver against the roadmap. You are a very strong communicator and presenter.
- Cross-functional. You have experience fostering relationships with cross-functional stakeholders and understand the importance of building strong relationships with product, sales, marketing, support and others.
- Creative. You have experience tackling complexity at all levels and can coach and guide teams to consider creative solutions that solve multiple problems.
- A coach. You care deeply about your team and are experienced in developing, mentoring and serving them.
- A leader. You can get buy-in on your ideas without resorting to command-and-control tactics. You’re passionate about servant leadership and our values when it comes to others.
- Naturally curious. You never stop learning—you’re always hungry for knowledge and new ideas, and can show how that improves the way you work. You love building prototypes, testing, learning and evolving.
- Pragmatic. We move quickly. You know how to balance learning at speed with delivering value at speed.
- Aware. You pay attention to broader trends in the industry. You’re able to adapt to market/tech trends when needed, and can guide your teams to do the same.
- Communicative. You can synthesize and present information at all levels, tailoring messages to your audiences.
- Balanced. You see the needs of the customer along with business goals. You understand business models, forecasts, budgets and can bring it all together for your product line(s).
- Create a product strategy and vision. You’ll work with your leadership team to create a coherent product strategy and vision for your product lines and connect that to the wider strategy.
- Own Hudl’s hardware roadmap. Hardware includes cameras, wearables, and other accessories. You’ll help determine what success looks like for your business unit, team or product, and work across functions and departments to achieve that success.
- Stay current in the industry. You’ll develop a deep understanding of our customers and our business and be able to assess competitors and technology trends.
- Lead continuous improvement. You’ll help improve delivery capability and enable the team to scale across a broad surface area.
- Work multi-dimensionally. You’ll work to understand a products’ marketing, sales, finances (both revenue and costs), services, legal obligations, privacy considerations, etc. Stakeholders can voice concerns and constraints, knowing you’re an expert on how the product actually works.
- Foster transformation. You’ll strive for a better collaboration between business units, not afraid to challenge the status quo. You’ll lead the engineering and design teams in making decisions that balance cost, timeline, and customer benefit. You’ll also work with the marketing team to develop and support go-to-market plans.
- Advocate for the product. You’ll establish mutual respect and trust with each stakeholder, including Hudl’s senior leadership. You understand other departments’ business needs and effectively share the product vision and strategy. You’ll motivate and inspire your squad, release team and any others in the company who contribute to the product.
- Champion work-life harmony. We’ll give you the flexibility you need in your work life (e.g., flexible vacation time, company-wide holidays and timeout (meeting-free) days, remote work options and more) so you can enjoy your personal life too.
- Guarantee autonomy. We have an open, honest culture and we trust our people from day one. Your team will support you, but you’ll own your work and have the agency to try new ideas.
- Encourage career growth. We’re lifelong learners who encourage professional development. We’ll give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Provide an environment to help you succeed. We've invested in our offices, designing incredible spaces with our employees in mind. But whether you’re at the office or working remotely, we’ll provide you the tech stack and hardware to do your best work.
- Support your mental and physical health. We care about our employees’ wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program, employee resource groups and fitness partner Peerfit have you covered.
- Cover your medical insurance. We have multiple plans to pick from to ensure you’ll have the coverage you (and your dependents) want, including vision, dental, fertility healthcare and family forming benefits.
- Contribute to your 401(K). Yep, that’s free money. We’ll match up to 4% of your own contribution.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusive and accessible environments.
To promote Hudlies being their authentic selves and give everyone opportunities for allyship, we offer employee resource groups. These employee-led groups are drawn together by common affinities, passions and life experiences:
- Her Hudl
- Hudl Black
- Mental Health Champions
- Community Champions
We recognize there’s ongoing work to be done and track our efforts and commitments in annual inclusion reports.
We also know imposter syndrome is real and the confidence gap can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don’t hesitate to apply—we’d love to hear from you.