We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. That’s why our mission is to build the world’s most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
We build video analytics platforms and hardware products for teams around the world, at every level of the sporting world - our software provides six million coaches and players the insights they need to win. To help our users, we are looking for a Senior QA Engineer to join our R&D team working on creating the next generation of data analytics software - Insight - which is used by elite sports teams to automatically identify the moments that count and analyse patterns and trends in games, meaning you will be helping teams and coaches around the world make key decisions with critical performance information!
Our QA Engineers are responsible for quality throughout and testing that our software does exactly what our users need while developing a solid technical understanding of the implementation details. We’re looking for someone who can analyse data and verify its accuracy throughout our products, who can understand our customers to drive and evolve our testing approach, and who can implement quality test automation. For our test automation, we are using Playwright for our front end, and Mocha/Chai for the back end - both with Typescript.
Our environment here at Hudl is tech/product orientated first and foremost. We have a values-based culture that places importance on autonomy and creates a fantastic place to work. Our management style is based on coaching to ensure you have the tools and the pathway to succeed.
- Technical. You have experience implementing service and UI level automation
- Naturally Curious. You discover edge scenarios and are constantly digging in to learn more about features and use cases.
- Constantly Learning. You are passionate about learning and are hungry for new ideas.
- User-Focused. You think critically about the user experience and adapt your testing to user workflows.
- Quality Focused. You promote and maintain a high standard of quality beyond testing.
- Risk Aware. You can evaluate risk and design a testing approach to mitigate risk to ensure adequate coverage.
- Eager. Keen to work alongside senior Engineers and learn from them.
- Work. In an autonomous squad, following Scrum methodology.
- Think like a user. Everyone at Hudl is expected to interact with our users directly.
- Test. Use your customer and system understanding to create testing approach and plans.
- Evaluate. You will evaluate the root cause of issues and recommend corrective action to address it.
- Automate. You will use your skills to assess what to automate and design service and UI layer automation to ensure adequate coverage.
- Ship. You will test, talk with users, evaluate trends and deploy code on a frequent basis.
- Celebrate work at Hudl retreats. We like to gather our Hudlies from around the world to showcase achievements and strategize for the future.
- Treat you like an adult. We’re all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll give you unlimited vacation time and have company-wide timeout days (no meetings allowed).
- Provide career growth. We’re lifelong learners who encourage professional development. We’ll give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Supply you with tools for success. We've invested in our office spaces, designing them with our employees in mind. You’ll have the enriching, flexible environment and powerful hardware you need to do your job well.
- Support your mental health. We care about our employees’ wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program and Employee Resource Groups have you covered.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusive and accessible environments.
To promote Hudlies being their authentic selves and give everyone opportunities for allyship, we offer employee resource groups. These employee-led groups are drawn together by common affinities, passions and life experiences:
- Her Hudl
- Hudl Black
- Mental Health Champions
- Community Champions
We recognize there’s ongoing work to be done and track our efforts and commitments in annual diversity reports.