We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. That’s why our mission is to build the world’s most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
We are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Manager to join our Business Operations Team and help us scale our systems and processes and make them accurate, faster and more efficient. You will work alongside a group of engineers, following Scrum on a team that is accountable for the core set of data, systems, integrations, and processes that power our internal operations, developing the next generation of our product.
You have strong experience in writing automation in one of the following languages - Python, Swift, C#, Java, C++. You have worked on and are knowledgeable on the challenges of third party integrations.
You will manage people directly as well as mentor, train, and set the technical direction of our team. You will be constantly seeking out ways to improve our Quality practices and leveling up the capability of the people around you. Ideally, you are excited about working in a fast-paced environment and passionate about building high-performance teams.
We work in a Team and Squad model and follow Scrum.
Hudl has a flexible location policy. We are open to remote workers in the United States. We have offices in Lincoln, Omaha, and Boston in the United States for those interested in hybrid work.
- Technical. You have in-depth experience with testing desktop and web applications and in-depth knowledge of automation and its industry recognized principles. You have implemented the test pyramid and have experience in working with Developers and QA to shift testing left.
- A Vocal Leader. You have experience leading quality initiatives and projects. You are a go-to person for product quality and are able to influence and challenge teams to incorporate quality best practices in everything they do.
- Skilled Coach. You use your technical and quality focus to coach others to improve their skills and best practices and help them deliver high quality at speed.
- A Skilled Investigator. You understand the root cause of problems. You back up your investigation with data and measure the results.
- A Problem Solver. You are detail-oriented and can identify, analyze, and solve challenging problems.
- Quality Focused. You understand quality in the big picture. You constantly research quality best practices at other companies and strive to use your learnings to improve quality and velocity.
- Lead. Lead QA to measurably improve quality and improve our ability to deliver quality at speed. You will work with teams to gain their trust and challenge other leaders and team members to make decisions with quality in mind. You empower teams to take on challenges and make their own decisions.
- Coach. Use your technical and quality understanding to pair test and automate with others on the team to level up their skills and help us shift testing left and deliver quality at high speed.
- Automate. Help us achieve our objective of keeping automation up with the speed of development, and keeping it "green" on a daily basis. You will need to design and build up automation for complex and/or greenfield applications and have it serve as a reference implementation for the team to extend.
- Measure. We can't improve what we don't measure. You will help determine the right set of measurements to help us understand quality and velocity. You will make the trends and gaps and/or improvements visible to the team.
- Improve. You will act on the quality measurements to recommend and lead the implementation of changes that allow us to measurably improve quality.
- Treat you like an adult. It’s all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll trust you to get work done and take a break when you need it. (Hello, unlimited vacation policy!)
- Give you what you need. We’ll supply the environment and tools for success, allowing you to focus on professional growth and career development.
- Challenge you. You'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the company's success, allowing for constant collaboration.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusive and accessible environments.
To promote Hudlies being their authentic selves and give everyone opportunities for allyship, we offer employee resource groups. These employee-led groups are drawn together by common affinities, passions and life experiences:
- Her Hudl
- Hudl Black
- Mental Health Champions
- Community Champions
We recognize there’s ongoing work to be done and track our efforts and commitments in annual diversity reports.