We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. That’s why our mission is to build the world’s most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Web Platform team, working on a core set of infrastructure, libraries, development tooling and the CI/CD platform. The team’s mission is to empower other development teams at Hudl to build great software for our end users.
Ideally, you are a self-driven engineer with management experience and a background in full-stack web development. You will be leading a diverse team of experienced engineers as they develop, test, and maintain solutions to technical problems. As an Engineering Manager at Hudl, you will be a working manager that is expected to balance management and individual contributor work to meet your team’s commitments. This role also comes with an element of product management. You’ll be accountable for building a high value roadmap and strategy for your team, as well as keeping stakeholders connected to the work you’re doing.
Our tech stack is built primarily in C# (.NET 6), with Docker, Github Actions, Kubernetes and many AWS services involved. But don’t worry if you’re not familiar with some or any of these, as long as you are keen to learn, we definitely want to hear from you.
- A coach. You care deeply about your team and are experienced in developing, mentoring, and serving them.
- Curious. Motivated to explore the unknown because it's the unknown. You don't hesitate to pick up a new language or framework when it's the best tool for the job because you can master it as needed.
- Pragmatic. Understand the balancing act between crafting a robust, lasting solution and getting work done.
- Team-oriented. Understand that problem solving is a team effort and will help others in our Engineering Team learn and develop their skills.
- User-focused. Excited to have your work used by real people to solve real problems.
- Willing to learn. You have solid engineering skills but are always willing to dive into specific areas to gain the expertise needed to be successful in your role.
- Manage engineers. You will be responsible for coaching, developing, and serving engineers on your team.
- Extend and maintain products used by all of Hudl’s development teams. You will play a key role in the discovery, development and maintenance of products that help other engineers be successful in their roles.
- Deliver great value. You will work on systems that are critical to our site health and security, making an impact on each web request that Hudl receives.
- Be a cross-functional member of your team. You will work with other team members to plan, develop, test, and ship the work you do.
- Be an involved team member. You will work collaboratively in scrum ceremonies and proactively and thoughtfully create tickets for the team’s backlog.
- Celebrate work at Hudl retreats. We like to gather our Hudlies from around the world to showcase achievements and strategize for the future.
- Treat you like an adult. We’re all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll give you unlimited vacation time and have company-wide timeout days (no meetings allowed).
- Provide career growth. We’re lifelong learners who encourage professional development. We’ll give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Supply you with tools for success. We've invested in our office spaces, designing them with our employees in mind. You’ll have the enriching, flexible environment and powerful hardware you need to do your job well.
- Support your mental health. We care about our employees’ wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program and Employee Resource Groups have you covered.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusive and accessible environments.
To promote Hudlies being their authentic selves and give everyone opportunities for allyship, we offer employee resource groups. These employee-led groups are drawn together by common affinities, passions and life experiences:
- Her Hudl
- Hudl Black
- Mental Health Champions
- Community Champions
We recognize there’s ongoing work to be done and track our efforts and commitments in annual diversity reports.