We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. That’s why our mission is to build the world’s most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
You will be joining one of our cross-functional product teams in London, working on performance analysis tools used by elite teams around the world (e.g. Premier League, Bundesliga, NBA, AFL, etc.).
The core of our Apple based suite of products is Hudl Sportscode which is 100% native, predominantly built in Swift and using MVVM (with some MVC and little VIPER). With some of our other elite products built with ReactNative and Electron, part of your role will be to architect future communication and API layers between them whilst also advocating the right path for future products and features. Ideally, you are an independent thinker, with extensive experience in Apple desktop/mobile app development. You will be collaborating with other senior native engineers, directly contributing within Hudl and potentially to the larger community. You will be trusted to independently create and drive strategy for our native Apple apps, with part of your time dedicated to technical explorations and future thinking that would have a broad impact across teams / business units or Hudl engineering as a whole.
- Experienced. You have extensive experience in Apple platform development, having either led or played a key role in the development of large scale native applications.
- A mentor/teacher. You are passionate about sharing your expertise and educating others on Apple platform development best practices and trade offs.
- Curious. Motivated to explore the unknown because it's the unknown. You don't hesitate to pick up a new language or framework when it's the best tool for the job because you can master it as needed.
- Passionate. You have a passion translating real-world problems into elegant code solutions, take pride in your side projects, or the impact your work is having.
- Pragmatic. Understand the balancing act between crafting a robust, lasting solution and getting work done.
- Team-oriented. Understand that problem solving is a team effort and will help others in our Engineering Team learn and develop their skills.
- User-focused. Excited to have your work used by real people to solve real problems.
- Willing to learn. You have solid engineering skills but are always willing to dive into specific areas to gain the expertise needed to be successful in your role.
- Create and drive technical strategy. You will define and lead the Elite Product Team’s multi-year technical strategy on Apple platform development.
- Extend and maintain Hudl’s elite products. You will play a key role in the development and maintenance of Hudl’s products for the elite sports market.
- Deliver great user value. You will work on products that are critical to our elite teams’ analysis flows, likely making the difference between a loss and a win in a game.
- Be a cross-functional member of your team. You will work with other team members to plan, develop, test, and ship the work you do.
- Be an involved team member. You will actively participate in scrum ceremonies and proactively and thoughtfully create tickets for the team’s backlog
- Celebrate work at Hudl retreats. We like to gather our Hudlies from around the world to showcase achievements and strategize for the future.
- Treat you like an adult. We’re all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll give you unlimited vacation time and have company-wide timeout days (no meetings allowed).
- Provide career growth. We’re lifelong learners who encourage professional development. We’ll give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Supply you with tools for success. We've invested in our office spaces, designing them with our employees in mind. You’ll have the enriching, flexible environment and powerful hardware you need to do your job well.
- Support your mental health. We care about our employees’ wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program and Employee Resource Groups have you covered.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusive and accessible environments.
To promote Hudlies being their authentic selves and give everyone opportunities for allyship, we offer employee resource groups. These employee-led groups are drawn together by common affinities, passions and life experiences:
- Her Hudl
- Hudl Black
- Mental Health Champions
- Community Champions
We recognize there’s ongoing work to be done and track our efforts and commitments in annual diversity reports.