We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. That’s why our mission is to build the world’s most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
We’re looking for a Senior Engineer to join us and work on some of Hudl’s most innovative new products. You will be part of a small agile cross-functional squad, with deep subject matter expertise who tackle real product challenges.
You will be helping us to build our new Hudl Focus camera as we create an entirely autonomous cameraman who can film any sporting event, anywhere, at any time. You will be helping us to innovate and improve this product.
Ideally, you'll be an enthusiastic senior engineer, with a background in Computer Science or Engineering. This role suits someone that has a passion for software development and building high performance machine vision applications for the sports domain and, ideally, you will have worked with low latency video, GPU programming and have strong C++ skills and has a strong grasp on software quality principles. Experience with Linux, Cuda or GLSL and knowledge of computer vision systems is a big plus!
- A Leader. You can be trusted to build quality features on time and support engineers in their personal development.
- Pragmatic. You understand the balancing act between crafting a robust, lasting solution and banging something out right now.
- Technical. Have experience with working with complex systems, we use C++ and Linux in the team.
- Naturally curious and never stop learning. You’re hungry for more knowledge and ideas, and able to show us how that improves the way you work. You think about what might happen in the most extreme cases, constantly digging deeper to learn more.
- Excited by hardware. You have worked with it in the past and are enthusiastic about building solutions involving hardware.
- Excited to have your work used by other teams at Hudl to solve real problems.
- Passionate about code, architecture, automated testing, back-end systems, and infrastructure.
- Provide leadership on the engineering team in your area of specialty
- Execute on projects in your area of specialty with oversight
- Mentor squad engineers in your area of specialty
- Learn and apply best practices in coding and system design.
- Evaluate and understand risk. You can deeply understand the architecture of complicated systems, use that understanding to assess risk, and tailor test coverage based on that. .
- Move fast. We like fast. It’s the best way to get insights from users and make smart decisions as quickly as possible. You’ll create and execute test plans, write automated test scripts, update documentation, talk with users, look at data to analyze trends for stable solutions, and deploy code.
- Treat you like an adult. It’s all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll trust you to get work done and take a break when you need it. (Hello, unlimited vacation policy!)
- Give you what you need. We’ll supply the environment and tools for success, allowing you to focus on professional growth and career development.
- Challenge you. You'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the company's success, allowing for constant collaboration.
- Reward you. A strong perks package and office benefits.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusive and accessible environments.
To promote Hudlies being their authentic selves and give everyone opportunities for allyship, we offer employee resource groups. These employee-led groups are drawn together by common affinities, passions and life experiences:
- Her Hudl
- Hudl Black
- Mental Health Champions
- Community Champions
We recognize there’s ongoing work to be done and track our efforts and commitments in annual diversity reports.