We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. That’s why our mission is to build the world’s most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our Web Platform team. Our web stack is built on .NET, AWS and Docker - experience in these technologies is preferred. As an engineer on this team, you’ll spend most of your time building our web hosting platform, supporting other engineers at Hudl, defining development workflows and building CI/CD pipelines.. You will help Hudl scale efficiently, and adopt the latest technologies and best practices.
- Knowledgeable in web tech. We're invested in .NET Core, ReactJS, Typescript and the ecosystem surrounding these web technologies. We have a microservice architecture supported by persistence layers which include technologies such as MongoDB, RabbitMQ and Redis.
- Experienced with public clouds. You understand the state of operating in the cloud and know what every company should be doing in them. Hudl has been using AWS for the last decade and we love it!
- Excited by developer tooling. We want our engineers to have a delightful experience building software. You share this passion and can balance the tradeoff between building in-house tooling and integrating OSS or vendor products into our web development toolbox.
- Willing to learn. You have solid engineering skills, but you're always willing to dive deeper into specific areas to gain the expertise needed to be successful in your role.
- Believe in the “DevOps” philosophy. You want to help feature teams own their services, from provisioning to operation to incident resolution.
- Dedicated to delivering quality work. You want your team to get things done and done well and are willing to wear many hats to make this happen.
- Help unify our web platform. We host a number of different web applications, and we’re working towards a unified layer for them all. You will play a big part in this journey! We are invested in Docker, AWS ECS/EKS, OpenTelemetry and codified CI/CD pipelines.
- Continue to codify our infrastructure. All AWS resources should be defined in code and any changes should go through the same review process as our application. You will learn Terraform if you don’t know it already!
- Help plan Hudl’s web roadmap. Our philosophy is to replace in-house control plane software with SaaS wherever we can. You'll help us identify opportunities and prioritize them.
- Work with a team of other passionate web and infrastructure engineers. The team is mostly made up of engineers with a large amount of technical autonomy and experience.
- Take on-call shifts a few times a year. All engineers at Hudl participate in ops duty.
- Celebrate work at Hudl retreats. We like to gather our Hudlies from around the world to showcase achievements and strategize for the future.
- Treat you like an adult. We’re all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll give you unlimited vacation time and have company-wide timeout days (no meetings allowed).
- Provide career growth. We’re lifelong learners who encourage professional development. We’ll give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Supply you with tools for success. We've invested in our office spaces, designing them with our employees in mind. You’ll have the enriching, flexible environment and powerful hardware you need to do your job well.
- Support your mental and physical health. We care about our employees’ wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program, Employee Resource Groups and fitness partner Peerfit have you covered.
- Cover your medical insurance. We have multiple plans to pick from to ensure you’ll have the coverage you (and your dependents) want.
- Contribute to your 401(K). Yep, that’s free money. We’ll match up to 4% of your own contribution.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusive and accessible environments.
To promote Hudlies being their authentic selves and give everyone opportunities for allyship, we offer employee resource groups. These employee-led groups are drawn together by common affinities, passions and life experiences:
- Her Hudl
- Hudl Black
- Mental Health Champions
- Community Champions
We recognize there’s ongoing work to be done and track our efforts and commitments in annual diversity reports.