We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. That’s why our mission is to build the world’s most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
The Elite business unit builds products for elite teams around the world (eg: NFL, NBA, Premier league etc). We power every Recruitment & Match Analysis decision for elite teams through software, content and services via a host of products like Hudl Sportscode, Wyscout, Volleymetrics, Studio, etc.
You don’t need to be an expert in the world of sports, but you are passionate about changing customers' lives by developing products that provide a competitive edge, improving user flows and saving our users time.You have experience guiding design projects across the entire product lifecycle, from finding opportunities to designing and validating solutions. You’ll work with a small multi-disciplinary team, partnering closely with engineering, product and business folks to find practical solutions to design problems. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users. You’ll take full ownership of your work and responsibility for every last detail with support from your fellow Elite designers and manager. You’ll rapidly prototype and learn by making, knowing when to apply low and high fidelity.
We practice flexible working, you can work in our London or remote and we have very generous holiday packages.
- Guide small, cross-functional teams in creating and shipping clear and focused user experiences
- Learn why first-hand with no requirements doc handed down from on high
- Perform user research to understand latent needs beyond just the basics of what users say they want
- Rough out concepts to test with developers, QA, and their product manager.
- Sketch, mock, and prototype key interactions often throwing big pieces out when it doesn't click in a user study
- Work closely with PM’s as we roll-out improvements so that we can refine it as the product gets real-world use
- Are accountable for how well a solution addresses a problem
- Focus on a significant area of our business — the foundational systems Hudlies use to support our users
- Are interested in designing for mobile, web, and connected devices
- Analytical. You love love working with data and finding unique ways to present data.
- Structured. You are comfortable working through the IA as much as the UI.
- Excel in giving and receiving respectfully blunt feedback and critique.
- Have strong beliefs, loosely held, about what’s best for Hudl's systems.
- Understand that technical, business, and design constraints factor into every choice.
- Know how and when to tactfully say, “No" to key internal stakeholders.
- Think that well designed process flows are essential for creating clear user experiences.
- Tease out the important characteristics of users, their environments, and work tasks to drive an intuitive experience.
- Work with stakeholders and others in a multidisciplinary team to define requirements and develop the solution.
- Have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts
- Have a people-focused design mentality. Even though you have strong design chops, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- Have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
- Celebrate work at Hudl retreats. We like to gather our Hudlies from around the world to showcase achievements and strategize for the future.
- Treat you like an adult. We’re all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll give you unlimited vacation time and have company-wide timeout days (no meetings allowed).
- Provide career growth. We’re lifelong learners who encourage professional development. We’ll give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Supply you with tools for success. We've invested in our office spaces, designing them with our employees in mind. You’ll have the enriching, flexible environment and powerful hardware you need to do your job well.
- Support your mental health. We care about our employees’ wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program and Employee Resource Groups have you covered.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusion.