We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. That’s why our mission is to build the world’s most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to join one of our cross-functional product teams in London, working predominantly on performance analysis tools (e.g. Hudl Replay, Hudl Sportscode) used by elite sport teams around the world (e.g. Premier League, Bundesliga, NBA, AFL, etc.).
Ideally, you are a self-driven engineer with management experience and a background in full-stack web development, or desktop/mobile app development. You will be leading a diverse team of engineers as they develop, test, and maintain solutions to technical problems. As an Engineering Manager at Hudl, you will be a working manager that is expected to balance management and individual contributor work to meet your team’s commitments.
You will be predominantly working with React Native (mobile iOS) and Swift (native Mac app), and occasionally C# (.NET backend), but don’t worry if you’re not familiar with some or any of these, as long as you are keen to learn, we definitely want to hear from you.
- A coach. You care deeply about your team and are experienced in developing, mentoring, and serving them.
- Curious. Motivated to explore the unknown because it's the unknown. You don't hesitate to pick up a new language or framework when it's the best tool for the job because you can master it as needed.
- Pragmatic. Understand the balancing act between crafting a robust, lasting solution and getting work done.
- Team-oriented. Understand that problem solving is a team effort and will help others in our Engineering Team learn and develop their skills.
- User-focused. Excited to have your work used by real people to solve real problems.
- Willing to learn. You have solid engineering skills but are always willing to dive into specific areas to gain the expertise needed to be successful in your role.
- Manage engineers. You will be responsible for coaching, developing, and serving engineers on your team.
- Extend and maintain Hudl’s elite products. You will play a key role in the development and maintenance of Hudl’s products for the elite sports market.
- Deliver great user value. You will work on products that are critical to our elite teams’ analysis flows, likely making the difference between a loss and a win in a game.
- Be a cross-functional member of your team. You will work with other team members to plan, develop, test, and ship the work you do.
- Be an involved team member. You will work collaboratively in scrum ceremonies and proactively and thoughtfully create tickets for the team’s backlog.
- Treat you like an adult. It’s all about a healthy work-life balance. We trust you to get work done and take a break when you need it. Use an unlimited amount of annual leave when you want and how you want.
- Provide career growth. We’re lifelong learners who encourage professional development. We’ll give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Give you what you need. We’ll supply the environment and tools for success, allowing you to focus on professional growth and career development.
- Take care of you. Our health insurance and retirement plans will let you and your family sleep soundly.
- Reward you. Bonus and stock options on offer.
Challenge you. You'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the company's success, allowing for constant collaboration.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusion.