We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. That’s why our mission is to build the world’s most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
We’re looking for someone to be our Vice President of Engineering to guide, grow and nurture a diverse, global team of 150+ engineers. Our plan is to double in size over the next five years and the VP of Engineering is a part of the team responsible for getting us there. Our team spans the U.S. and Europe and includes software engineers, hardware engineers, data scientists and data engineers. It’s a group of servant leaders—they’re responsible for creating solutions that solve some of the toughest problems in performance analysis, recruiting and fan engagement. These solutions weave together:
- Hardware (like our smart camera Hudl Focus)
- The cloud (the heart of Hudl’s product)
- Mobile and Mac apps that are mission critical for more than 200,000 teams
- A video breakdown service that tags over a million games each year with in-depth stats
Hudl has a flexible location policy. Once we can safely return to our offices, we'll leave it up to you to choose where you want to work: one of our offices in Lincoln, Omaha, Boston, or London, or remotely within the U.K or U.S.
- Serve on the Product Leadership team. This team shapes our overall product team structure, culture and goals.
- Prioritize the needs of all chapters over your own. In priority order: customer > company > chapter > self.
- Write, maintain and support company-wide product fundamentals.
- Guide the composition of our squads and broader teams.
- Support and enforce scrum and scaled scrum as the way to get stuff done on squads and teams.
- Serve on the Senior Management team, working with all of Hudl’s VPs on company-wide initiatives.
- Help Hudl grow it’s engineering talent and technical prowess as we continue to set lofty goals for our business and products.
- Team-focused. You don’t have a big ego. You’re used to bringing everyone into the process and helping people creatively solve problems.
- An innovator. What got us here won’t get us there. You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo if you think there’s a better way to do something.
- A coach. You care deeply about your team and are experienced in developing, mentoring, and serving them.
- A leader. You value the positive and inclusive culture we’ve built around engineering at Hudl and are passionate about using it to influence your management style. You’re not afraid to challenge yourself and your team to iterate on designs and products.
- People-oriented. You’re able to quickly build deep relationships with other leaders, guiding them through tough tasks and celebrating their wins.
- Ready to scale. You have scaled large engineering teams before and are excited to bring that experience to Hudl.
- Paying attention to broader trends in the software industry. Things move fast and you’ll need to be constantly assessing new technologies and systems to improve organizational processes and decision-making.
- Manage leaders. You will be responsible for coaching, developing, and serving engineering directors on your team.
- Be accountable. You will:
- Hire amazing people, coach the team and develop impactful and thoughtful managers and leaders.
- Create an effective engineering organization that empowers directors to be autonomous and fast moving - while balancing consistency and best practices.
- Be responsible for the performance of contributing engineers, managers and directors to create high quality solutions that solve the problems we prioritize.
- Establish and administer the department’s budget.
- Work with other teams. Our platform is a very important part of Hudl’s technical strategy. You will partner with other leaders across the company to identify, evaluate and execute on opportunities to make our products more deeply integrated.
- Help us improve. You’ll ensure we get better every year at producing great work that delivers immense value to our customers and business.
- Celebrate work at Hudl retreats. We like to gather our Hudlies from around the world to showcase achievements and strategize for the future.
- Treat you like an adult. We’re all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll give you unlimited vacation time and have company-wide timeout days (no meetings allowed).
- Provide career growth. We’re lifelong learners who encourage professional development. We’ll give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Supply you with tools for success. We've invested in our office spaces, designing them with our employees in mind. You’ll have the enriching, flexible environment and powerful hardware you need to do your job well.
- Support your mental health. We care about our employees’ wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program and Employee Resource Groups have you covered.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusion.