Building a team starts with valuing the team. We hire the best of the best to ensure you’re working with people you can constantly learn from. You’re trusted to get your work done your way while testing the limits of what’s possible and what’s next. And you’ll be part of a culture where everyone feels supported.
We also value sports. Not just because of the big wins and highlight-worthy plays, but because of the lasting impact sports can have: the lifelong lessons in teamwork and dedication; the influence of inspiring mentors; the priceless opportunities to play at the next level. Sports can change lives—that’s what we value.
Our team helps the world see sports differently through products that make it easier to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and do a lot more.
Ready to join us?
An Account Executive's primary responsibility is market development of net new or acquisition revenue, plus expanding current accounts. This role will be concentrated on U.S. and Canadian clubs, high schools and small colleges. The large majority of your sales will take place in online demos and over the phone, but you'll also occasionally travel to your territory to thrive on the front lines (one of our company values) with prospects.
At Hudl, we pair Account Executives (who focus on growing acquisition revenue) with Customer Success Managers (who focus on engagement, implementation and renewal revenue). This helps us ensure we're growing across all sports, product verticals and locations, in addition to supporting customers journeys with Hudl.
Our flexible work policy means you can decide where you want to work: our Lincoln HQ, our Omaha office or remotely within the majority of U.S. states (exceptions: Alaska, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, D.C., Hawaii, Maine, Montana, New York, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington).
- Experienced. You have at least two years of business-to-business sales experience and have a consistent track record of achieving, even exceeding, goals.
- Motivated. You love to beat your own records, expect the best from yourself, and always want to keep improving.
- Organized. You own your territory by mapping out your days with the prospects you’re going to contact, and you’re comfortable working in a remote environment.
- Own a sales cycle. You’ll collaborate with athletic directors and coaches to ensure their schools and teams have what they need to develop and improve.
- Close sales on the phone and through online demos. We believe the more calls and demos you make, the more sales you make.
- Work across multiple sports. Whether it’s global football or American football, you’ll know how every team can benefit from video analysis. Understanding our customer personas regardless of sport is extremely important.
- Champion work-life harmony. We’ll give you the flexibility you need in your work life (e.g., flexible vacation time, company-wide holidays and timeout (meeting-free) days, remote work options and more) so you can enjoy your personal life too.
- Guarantee autonomy. We have an open, honest culture and we trust our people from day one. Your team will support you, but you’ll own your work and have the agency to try new ideas.
- Encourage career growth. We’re lifelong learners who encourage professional development. We’ll give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Provide an environment to help you succeed. We've invested in our offices, designing incredible spaces with our employees in mind. But whether you’re at the office or working remotely, we’ll provide you the tech stack and hardware to do your best work.
- Support your mental and physical health. We care about our employees’ wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program, employee resource groups and fitness partner Peerfit have you covered.
- Cover your medical insurance. We have multiple plans to pick from to ensure you’ll have the coverage you (and your dependents) want, including vision, dental, fertility healthcare and family forming benefits.
- Contribute to your 401(K). Yep, that’s free money. We’ll match up to 4% of your own contribution.
- 1st Interview: 30-minute call with a recruiter
- 2nd Interview: 60-minute video call with a Sales Manager
- Project: Will give you an idea of this role's day-to-day responsibilities
- Final Interview via Zoom
- 60-minute panel with three Sales Managers
- 30-minute closing with a Sales Director
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusive and accessible environments.
To promote Hudlies being their authentic selves and give everyone opportunities for allyship, we offer employee resource groups. These employee-led groups are drawn together by common affinities, passions and life experiences:
- Her Hudl
- Hudl Black
- Mental Health Champions
- Community Champions
We recognize there’s ongoing work to be done and track our efforts and commitments in annual diversity reports.