We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. That’s why our mission is to build the world’s most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
We’re looking for someone to be our Vice President of Design, to guide, grow and nurture a diverse, global team of designers. Our team spans the U.S. and Europe and includes product, content, industrial and service designers. It’s a group of servant leaders—they’re responsible for creating solutions that solve some of the toughest problems in performance analysis, recruiting and fan engagement. These solutions weave together hardware (like our smart camera Hudl Focus), the cloud (the heart of Hudl’s product), mobile and Mac apps that are mission critical for more than 200,000 teams, and a video breakdown service that tags over a million games each year with in-depth stats.
Hudl has a flexible location policy. Once we can safely return to our offices, we'll leave it up to you to choose where you want to work: one of our offices in London, Boston, Lincoln or Omaha, or remotely within the U.K or U.S.
- Serve on the Product Leadership team. This team shapes our overall product team structure, culture and goals.
- Prioritize the needs of all chapters over your own. In priority order: customer > company > chapter > self.
- Write, maintain and support company-wide product fundamentals.
- Guide the composition of our squads and broader teams.
- Support and enforce scrum and scaled scrum as the way to get stuff done on squads and teams.
- Serve on the Senior Management team, working with all of Hudl’s VPs on company-wide initiatives.
- Team-focused. You don’t have a big ego. You’re used to bringing everyone into the process and helping everyone use design thinking.
- An innovator. What got us here won’t get us there. You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo if you think there’s a better way to do something.
- A leader. You value the positive and inclusive culture we’ve built around design at Hudl and are passionate about using it to influence your management style. You’re not afraid to challenge yourself and your team to iterate on designs and products.
- People-oriented. You’re able to quickly build deep relationships with design leaders, guiding them through tough tasks and celebrating their wins.
- Be accountable. You’ll:
- Hire amazing people, coach the team and develop impactful and thoughtful managers and leaders.
- Create an effective design process across the team, including learning through prototyping, collaboration with product and engineering, and keeping customers at the center of every step.
- Be responsible for the performance of contributing designers, design managers and directors to create solutions that solve the problems we prioritize.
- Partner with our VP of Product and our Chief Product Officer to evolve the overall product vision, effectively align efforts to achieve that vision, and communicate it to the company and our customers.
- Nurture. You’ll establish an environment that supports the team and provides ample opportunities for growth.
- Have a customer-first mindset. Our users are passionate coaches, athletes, analysts and administrators who love what they do. You’ll envision a better customer-centered world and work constantly to orient the company toward that ideal.
- Communicate. You’ll explain the design, value and philosophy on higher-level topics (e.g., approaches, frameworks) and grow the whole company's empathy for our customers through research and storytelling.
- Help us improve. You’ll ensure we get better every year at producing great work that delivers immense value to our customers and business.
- Celebrate work at Hudl retreats. We like to gather our Hudlies from around the world to showcase achievements and strategize for the future.
- Treat you like an adult. We’re all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll give you unlimited vacation time and have company-wide timeout days (no meetings allowed).
- Provide career growth. We’re lifelong learners who encourage professional development. We’ll give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Supply you with tools for success. We've invested in our office spaces, designing them with our employees in mind. You’ll have the enriching, flexible environment and powerful hardware you need to do your job well.
- Support your mental health. We care about our employees’ wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program and Employee Resource Groups have you covered.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusion.