We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. That’s why our mission is to build the world’s most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
We need a Sr. Data Scientist to solve big problems throughout our business. In this position, you'll be responsible for using advanced analytics to create a 360-degree view of our customers, from high school sports to professional leagues around the world. You'll be a business-facing member of the Decision Science team and will be essential in driving ROI throughout every element of the business.
Decision Science is a high impact, cross-functional team of Data Analysts, Data Engineers, Predictive Analysts, Data Scientists and Consumer Insights Researchers. On any given day, we might be writing SQL queries to understand user behavior over time, or running data through statistical models to help our teams forecast and set better goals. Here are some projects we're working on:
- Building a model to predict the likelihood a customer will renew their subscription with Hudl.
- Designing and building database schemas to support point-and-click analytics and visualizations in Looker.
- Pushing data and insights about products and customers to frontline Hudl users in operational tools like Salesforce.
- Delivering insights to guide development of features that will pull more users into the Hudl platform.
- Helping teams commercialize on data by feeding it back into the product.
- Experienced. Postgraduate studies in math, statistics or a related field is preferred, but you also need 3–5 years of applied data science experience and more than two years experience using scripting language (R, Python, etc.) to conduct data analysis and create predictive models. If you've pushed those models into production in a cloud environment, that's a plus. You'll need to demonstrate your knowledge of a domain of data science (statistics, machine learning, AI, network analysis, optimization, etc.) and have an expert understanding of advanced analytics toolsets and how they integrate into the larger data ecosystem. On top of that, you have expertise in writing SQL, a passion for scalable scripts, and the ability to work independently and within a team from a remote environment. (We'd also like to see experience with product and customer analytics.)
- Analytical, analytical, analytical. Making verdicts based on inaccurate or incomplete data is a red flag for you. You think data is more important than opinions and you love finding patterns in data.
- Highly motivated. You're comfortable inserting yourself into the right conversations to make an impact. You seek out the best opportunities that provide the highest ROI. You forge your own path into uncharted territory by identifying next steps, getting others onboard and taking action.
- Think "stakeholder first." You prioritize stakeholder needs and have an intuitive grasp of business problems.
- An accomplished data storyteller. You can communicate technical jargon to a non-technical audience. You have experience delivering powerful visual messages to the executive level and can call them to action using data. You effectively use data visualizations to enhance consumption of data and not distract from it.
- Technical. You’re experienced with tools for data analysis tasks and can demonstrate your skills with them.
- Systems integrator. You understand how data science fits into the data ecosystem and understand how it serves our customers and frontline Hudlies.
- Solve problems. You'll work closely with the rest of our Decision Science team on how to solve a problem or question posed by our internal teams. You’ll conduct research to drive growth and increase retention.
- Use cutting edge tools. You'll use all of the advanced analytics techniques in your toolbelt. Whether it's curating a predictive model for customer churn, using KNN for segmenting user behavior, or applying the newest machine learning technology to enhance our business platforms, you'll ship models into production that have deep impacts throughout all elements of our business.
- Build and run SQL scripts. You'll write SQL scripts to pull, aggregate and display data for internal teams at Hudl, and you'll help them interpret the results.
- Plan and coordinate analytics projects. You'll help our team manage tasks and communication for large-scale projects across multiple departments.
- Bring teams together. You'll enable opposing parties to come to a consensus in order to complete your mission of delivering high-quality data products.
- Celebrate work at Hudl retreats. We like to gather our Hudlies from around the world to showcase achievements and strategize for the future.
- Treat you like an adult. We’re all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll give you unlimited vacation time and have company-wide timeout days (no meetings allowed).
- Provide career growth. We’re lifelong learners who encourage professional development. We’ll give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Supply you with tools for success. We've invested in our office spaces, designing them with our employees in mind. You’ll have the enriching, flexible environment and powerful hardware you need to do your job well.
- Support your mental and physical health. We care about our employees’ wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program, Employee Resource Groups and fitness partner Peerfit have you covered.
- Cover your medical insurance. We have multiple plans to pick from to ensure you’ll have the coverage you (and your dependents) want.
- Contribute to your 401(K). Yep, that’s free money. We’ll match up to 4% of your own contribution.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusion.