We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. That’s why our mission is to build the world’s most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
We’re searching for a Product Design Manager to help us build the future of automated video capture for sports. This is not a full time management position—your time will be split into about 25% team management and 75% hands-on design with a cross-functional squad working on Hudl Focus.
As a qualified candidate, you have experience designing mobile and web applications. You're a business-oriented design leader. You’ll balance a rigorous user-centric perspective with the ability to make bold decisions and move the product forward in a fast-paced development environment. You'll foster cross-functional and cross-product collaboration. You'll integrate user insights into the product strategy and design, and you'll always advocate for user experience, customer journeys and design excellence.
This role reports to the Director of Product Design for Hudl Focus.
- Passionate about solving business problems. You tell compelling stories about your designs and present your work with confidence
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and cross-functional environment. Having multiple stakeholders while working across multiple product areas doesn't faze you a bit. You're equally as proud of your organization tools (e.g., docs, spreadsheets) as you are your best pieces of design work.
- An inclusive leader. You have a consistent track record of coaching and managing talented designers to achieve their best performance. You embrace and encourage diverse perspectives to inspire user experiences, and are able to communicate in a collaborative manner that builds trust with your partners and teams.
- Experienced. You've built and directed both the visual and interaction design of projects (web, mobile and native). You can consistently demonstrate an understanding of customer needs and set an example of delivering impactful experiences for customers. On top of that, you're able to choose the best medium and fidelity to convey your ideas at each stage of a project (because not every project goes paper sketches, then Figma, then HTML). And you're not afraid to ship small, quick experiments to validate or invalidate your assumptions and opinions.
- Respectfully blunt. You know how and when to tactfully say “no" and you excel at both giving and receiving feedback. You have examples of times you have managed high-profile projects and made significant business impact.
- All about the big picture. You're comfortable with ambiguity—you have a high level view and can align teams to get there. You're able to work with Design Management to shape our teams’ culture, processes and tools.
- Manage a team. You'll successfully challenge your top performers and decisively support your lowest. You coach with great care and ensure their overall happiness.
- Recruit and hire. Finding outstanding design talent and facilitating their onboarding is a point of pride for you.
- Have strong beliefs, loosely held, about what’s best for the product. You'll understand that technical, business and design constraints factor into every product decision, but stay laser-focused on the user experience and have a willingness to question the status quo.
- Look for trends. You'll find ways to fix root problems instead of treating symptoms one-by-one. You'll closely scrutinize processes with the goal of improving continually over time to better support customers.
- Lead user research and testing. You can lean on Hudl’s millions of quantitative data points before leaping into qualitative research.
- Excel. You'll think holistically about the Hudl Focus product and think deeply about individual features and workflows. Then you'll confidently articulate your design strategy and solutions to stakeholders and cross-functional partners.
- Celebrate work at Hudl retreats. We like to gather our Hudlies from around the world to showcase achievements and strategize for the future.
- Treat you like an adult. We’re all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll give you unlimited vacation time and have company-wide timeout days (no meetings allowed).
- Provide career growth. We’re lifelong learners who encourage professional development. We’ll give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Supply you with tools for success. We've invested in our office spaces, designing them with our employees in mind. You’ll have the enriching, flexible environment and powerful hardware you need to do your job well.
- Support your mental and physical health. We care about our employees’ wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program, Employee Resource Groups and fitness partner Peerfit have you covered.
- Cover your medical insurance. We have multiple plans to pick from to ensure you’ll have the coverage you (and your dependents) want.
- Contribute to your 401(K). Yep, that’s free money. We’ll match up to 4% of your own contribution.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusion.