Interested in working at Hudl? Awesome. Here’s what you need to know.
Our goal is to change the way coaches, athletes and analysts prepare for and stay ahead of the competition. Whether it’s with video, stats or a combination of the two, we want our tools to help every step of the way. Our products are used by the world’s elite sports teams, as well as grassroots amateur teams.
We’re looking for an Engineer to join us and work on one of Hudl’s most innovative new products: Hudl Focus (https://www.hudl.com/products/focus). Our new connected camera is entirely autonomous and can film any sporting event, anywhere, at any time. You will be part of a small agile cross-functional squad that develops the software that runs on the camera and ranges from video pipelines, tactical algorithms, and device management.
- Comfortable in complex systems. Have 2+ years experience in C++ building, supporting, and extending production software.
- Excited by video and hardware. You are eager to experiment with new components, test the limits of what’s possible, and build solutions running on devices. Experience with GStreamer, computer vision, or machine learning is a big plus!
- Naturally curious and never stop learning. You’re hungry for more knowledge and ideas, and able to show us how that improves the way you work. You think about what might happen in the most extreme cases, constantly digging deeper to learn more.
- Pragmatic and understand the balancing act. We seek to operate with a sense of urgency to move quickly and learn from value increments, but not at the expense of user experience / product quality.
- Excited to interact with coaches that care deeply about their craft and are eager to give us feedback.
- Own the problem. You will work in an autonomous squad that has the freedom and expertise to deliver the best solution.
- Develop critical services running on devices. Your team is responsible for maintaining and extending the functionality on our fleet of cameras. You will get to work on areas ranging from video pipelines, tactical algorithms, and device management.
- Deliver great user value. You will work on one of Hudl’s most innovative products that is changing the way coaches prepare for and stay ahead of the competition.
- Be an involved team member. You will actively participate in scrum ceremonies and proactively and thoughtfully create tickets for the team’s backlog.
- Treat you like an adult. It’s all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll trust you to get work done and take a break when you need it. (Hello, unlimited vacation policy!)
- Give you what you need. We’ll supply the environment and tools for success, allowing you to focus on professional growth and career development.
- Challenge you. You'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the company's success, allowing for constant collaboration.
- Reward you. A strong perks package and office benefits.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion.