Interested in working at Hudl? Awesome. Here’s what you need to know.
Our goal is to change the way coaches, athletes and analysts prepare for and stay ahead of the competition. Whether it’s with video, stats or a combination of the two, we want our tools to help every step of the way. Our products are used by the world’s elite sports teams, as well as grassroots amateur teams.
We’re looking for an Engineer to join us and work on some of Hudl’s most innovative new products. You will be part of a small agile cross-functional squad, with deep subject matter expertise who tackle real product challenges.
You will be joining our brand new office in Den Bosch, we are a small office of 10-15 people but we are growing quickly. This office will be focusing on our new hardware product (https://www.hudl.com/products/focus). We are a close knit and social team.
You will be helping us to build our new Hudl Focus camera as we create an entirely autonomous cameraman who can film any sporting event, anywhere, at any time. You will be helping us to innovate and improve this product.
Ideally, you'll be an enthusiastic engineer, with a background in embedded software. This role suits someone that has a passion for software development and building real time embedded software systems. An ideal candidate will have worked with embedded video software and has a strong grasp on software quality principles. Experience with Linux, C++, and knowledge of computer vision systems is a big plus!
- Technical. Have experience with working with complex systems, we use C++ and Linux in the team.
- Naturally curious and never stop learning. You’re hungry for more knowledge and ideas, and able to show us how that improves the way you work. You think about what might happen in the most extreme cases, constantly digging deeper to learn more.
- Excited by hardware. You have worked with it in the past and are enthusiastic about building solutions involving hardware.
- Pragmatic and understand the balancing act between crafting a robust, lasting solution and accepting less-than-ideal in order to act quickly.
- Excited to have your work used by other teams at Hudl to solve real problems.
- Passionate about code, architecture, automated testing, back-end systems, and infrastructure.
- Work. In an autonomous squad, that is full stack in capability and attitude following Scrum.
- Think like a user. Everyone at Hudl is expected to interact with our users directly. The user of some of your project will be other Hudlies and some will be a user of the Hudl product.
- Be an integral part of the team. Everyone on the product team is responsible for quality, but you’ll show them the way.
- Evaluate and understand risk. You can deeply understand the architecture of complicated systems, use that understanding to assess risk, and tailor test coverage based on that. .
- Move fast. We like fast. It’s the best way to get insights from users and make smart decisions as quickly as possible. You’ll create and execute test plans, write automated test scripts, update documentation, talk with users, look at data to analyze trends for stable solutions, and deploy code.
- Treat you like an adult. It’s all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll trust you to get work done and take a break when you need it. (Hello, unlimited vacation policy!)
- Give you what you need. We’ll supply the environment and tools for success, allowing you to focus on professional growth and career development.
- Challenge you. You'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the company's success, allowing for constant collaboration.
- Reward you. A strong perks package and office benefits.