Hudl is changing the future of sports technology, our mission is to capture and bring value to every moment in sports.
We build video analytics platforms and hardware products for teams around the world, at every level of the sporting world. Our software provides six million coaches and players the insights they need to win. To help our users, we need an automation focused QA Engineer, who will work with a small cross-functional team (PM, Engineers, Designer) to build a quality product.
We are using a BDD solution for our API and UI layer tests that focuses on the Gherkin language and backed by python and selenium webdriver. Our QA Engineers test like our users, write automation, evaluate root causes, know the difference between testing and quality and deploy code to production. They are involved throughout the entire development process, frequently pairing to achieve higher quality outcomes.
We work in a Teams and Squads model and follow Scrum. You would be working in the Elite Team, their focus is on professional teams and the unique coaching requirements they have. Your Squad's current project is building new features for the Replay product - an application used by coaches pitch side during matches and training sessions to provide insights and aid tactical decision making. The work can be varied and comprises mobile, thick client and web applications.
As the world’s best sports teams start a match, your work will have impacted their preparation, change how they make in-game decisions and help them assess their post-match performance.
Our environment here at Hudl is tech/product orientated first and foremost. We have a values based culture that places an importance on autonomy and creating a relaxed ‘nice’ place to work. Our management style is based on coaching and ensure you have the tools and a pathway to succeed.
During COVID we are all working remotely. Once things are back to normal, we'd like you to be commutable to our office in London but there will be flexibility on how much you are required to come into the office.
- Technical. You have experience implementing service and UI level automation
- Naturally Curious. You discover edge scenarios and are constantly digging in to learn more about features and use cases.
- Constantly Learning. You are passionate about learning and are hungry for new ideas.
- User-Focused. You think critically about the user experience and adapt your testing to user workflows.
- Quality Focused. You promote and maintain a high standard of quality beyond testing.
- Risk Aware. You can evaluate risk and design a testing approach to mitigate risk to ensure adequate coverage.
- Eager. Keen to work alongside senior Engineers and learn from them.
- Work. In an autonomous squad, following Scrum methodology.
- Think like a user. Everyone at Hudl is expected to interact with our users directly.
- Test. Use your customer and system understanding to create testing approach and plans.
- Evaluate. You will evaluate the root cause of issues and recommend corrective action to address it.
- Automate. You will use your skills to assess what to automate and design service and UI layer automation to ensure adequate coverage.
- Ship. You will test, talk with users, evaluate trends and deploy code on a frequent basis.
- We Will Treat you like an adult. We will trust you to get the work done and take a break when you need it. Use your unlimited holiday when and how you want and enjoy our flexible work culture.
- Give you what you need. We will supply the environment and tools for success, allowing you to focus on professional growth and career development.
- Help you to grow. We promise you'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the company's success.
- Delight You. We get great perks, like tickets to see our customers and funding that you can spend on your own development.
Diversity at Hudl
We believe that sport has the power to inspire people of all ages and backgrounds. It creates communities that are united in their goals, dedicated and adhere to a universal set of values. At Hudl, we operate the same way and look to build engaged diverse teams that reflect our user base.