Interested in working at Hudl? Awesome. Here’s what you need to know.
Our goal is to change the way coaches, athletes and analysts prepare for and stay ahead of the game. Whether it’s with video, stats or a combination of the two, we want our tools to help every step of the way. That’s why we’re always hiring—we need the best because a product is only as good as the people behind it.
Your first focus will be Wyscout. Hudl acquired Wyscout in 2019 because it helps football professionals thrive at all levels of the game. Wyscout provides video, data, statistics and tools to people working in the football world. This enables them to explore teams, matches and players, discover new talent, promote their players and learn by the best from anywhere (desktop, tablet or mobile). Wyscout hosts over 400 million plays from the top 5 European championships to the most important youth tournaments in the world.
As a qualified candidate, you have experience guiding design projects across the entire product lifecycle, from finding opportunities to designing and validating solutions. You’ll work with a small multi-disciplinary team, partnering closely with engineering, product and business folks to find practical solutions to design problems. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users. You’ll take full ownership of your work and responsibility for every last detail with support from your fellow Elite designers and manager. You’ll rapidly prototype and learn by making, knowing when to apply low and high fidelity.
Elite Product Team Product Designers:
- Guide small, cross-functional teams in creating and shipping clear and focused user experiences
- Learn why first-hand with no requirements doc handed down from on high
- Perform user research to understand latent needs beyond just the basics of what users say they want
- Rough out concepts to test with developers, QA, and their product manager.
- Sketch, mock, and prototype key interactions often throwing big pieces out when it doesn't click in a user study
- Work closely with PM’s as we roll-out improvements so that we can refine it as the product gets real-world use
- Are accountable for how well a solution addresses a problem
- Focus on a significant area of our business — the foundational systems Hudlies use to support our users
- Work in our Chiavari office (when it’s safe to work in the office again)
- Are interested in designing for mobile, web, and connected devices
- Excel in giving and receiving respectfully blunt feedback and critique.
- Have strong beliefs, loosely held, about what’s best for Hudl's systems.
- Understand that technical, business, and design constraints factor into every choice.
- Know how and when to tactfully say, “No" to key internal stakeholders.
- Think that well designed process flows are essential for creating clear user experiences.
- Tease out the important characteristics of users, their environments, and work tasks to drive an intuitive experience.
- Work with stakeholders and others in a multidisciplinary team to define requirements and develop the solution.
- Have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts
- Have a people-focused design mentality. Even though you have strong design chops, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- Have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
- Treat you like an adult. We trust you to get work done and take a break when you need it. Use time off when you want and how you want.
- Give you what you need. We’ll supply the environment and tools for success, allowing you to focus on professional growth and career development.
- Preserve your work-life balance. Our Italian Smart Working Policy can provide you with the great opportunity to work from home up to 4 days a week. And stay safe!
- Feed your brain. Even at home in Smart Working, we guarantee you electronic food stamps every working day.
- Give you more choices: you can work at our company hubs, both in Chiavari and in Milan. Or at home.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of diverse teams, celebrate differences and promote inclusion.