Hudl is changing the future of sports technology. We build video analysis and stats tools for teams around the world, from youth clubs to professional leagues. Our software provides the insight that over 4 million coaches and athletes need to help them win.
Our goal is to change the way coaches, athletes and analysts prepare for and stay ahead of the competition. Whether it’s with video, stats or a combination of the two, we want our tools to help every step of the way. Our products are used by the world’s elite sports teams, as well as grassroots amateur teams.
We’re looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join us and work on some of Hudl’s most innovative new products. You will be part of a small agile cross-functional squad, with deep subject matter expertise who tackle real product challenges.
You will be joining our brand new office in Den Bosch, we are a small office of 10-15 people but we are growing quickly. This office will be focusing on our new hardware product (https://www.hudl.com/products/focus). We are a close knit and social team. You will be helping us to build our new Hudl Focus camera as we create an entirely autonomous cameraman who can film any sporting event, anywhere, at any time. You will be helping us to innovate and improve this product.
Ideally, you'll be an enthusiastic engineer, with a background in embedded hardware. This role suits someone that has a passion for hardware development and building real time systems. An ideal candidate will have worked with video systems previously. Experience with Embedded Systems, Firmware, and knowledge of machine vision is a big plus!
- Technical. Have experience with working with complex systems, we use Embedded C and Linux in the team.
- Naturally curious and never stop learning. You’re hungry for more knowledge and ideas, and able to show us how that improves the way you work.
- You think about what might happen in the most extreme cases, constantly digging deeper to learn more.
- Excited by hardware. You have worked with it in the past and are enthusiastic about building solutions.
- Pragmatic and understand the balancing act between crafting a robust, lasting solution and accepting less-than-ideal in order to act quickly.
- Excited to have your work used by other teams at Hudl to solve real problems.
- Work. In an autonomous squad, that is full stack in capability and attitude following Scrum.
- Think like a user. Everyone at Hudl is expected to interact with our users directly. The user of some of your project will be other Hudlies and some will be a user of the Hudl product.
- Be an integral part of the team. Everyone on the product team is responsible for quality, but you’ll show them the way.
- Evaluate and understand risk. You can deeply understand the architecture of complicated systems, use that understanding to assess risk, and tailor test coverage based on that.
- Move fast. We like fast. It’s the best way to get insights from users and make smart decisions as quickly as possible.
- Treat you like an adult. It’s all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll trust you to get work done and take a break when you need it. (Hello, unlimited vacation policy!)
- Give you what you need. We’ll supply the environment and tools for success, allowing you to focus on professional growth and career development.
- Challenge you. You'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the company's success, allowing for constant collaboration.
- Reward you. A strong perks package and office benefits.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion.