Interested in working at Hudl? Awesome. Here’s what you need to know.
Our goal is to change the way coaches, athletes and analysts prepare for and stay ahead of the competition. Whether it’s with video, stats or a combination of the two, we want our tools to help every step of the way. That’s why we’re always hiring, and we need the best because a product is only as good as the people behind it.
We’re looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer with AWS and automation experience to join our infrastructure team. As an engineer on this team, you’ll spend most of your time building out our automation pipeline, taking our existing AWS infrastructure and adopting latest technologies and best practices. Our mission is to enable feature teams to provision and operate as much of the infrastructure as possible.
- Experienced with public clouds, preferably AWS. You understand the state of operating in the cloud and know what every company should be doing in them.
- Knowledgeable in tech like Terraform. We are invested in Terraform, Packer, Chef and Python for our automation and want to double-down.
- Excited by improving automation. We’ve been using AWS at scale for more than a decade and have made several acquisitions along the way. Our infrastructure is hungry for some updating.
- Willing to learn. You have solid engineering skills but are always willing to dive into specific areas to gain the expertise needed to be successful in your role.
- Believe in the “DevOps” philosophy. You want to help feature teams own their services, from provisioning to operation and incident resolution.
- A mentor at heart. You find mentoring others rewarding so seek out opportunities to level up others in your area of expertise.
- Dedicated to delivering quality work. You want your team to get things done and done well and are willing to wear many hats to make this happen.
- Able to handle interruptions. Unplanned work to squash impediments and fix bugs will happen. You understand this and can work effectively with your team and stakeholders to prioritize this work appropriately while still taking sprint commitments into consideration.
- Build on our automation pipeline to increase our reliability. We have a pipeline that we’re proud of and want to extend it to all of our application layers, such as databases and caching.
- Continue our project to codify our infrastructure. All AWS resources should be defined in code and any changes should go through the same review process as our application.
- Help plan Hudl’s cloud infrastructure roadmap. Our philosophy is to replace self-hosted infrastructure with SaaS wherever we can. Help us identify opportunities and prioritize them.
- Work with a team of other passionate infrastructure engineers. The team is exclusively engineers and is driving all of the decisions for hudl.com’s infrastructure.
- Take on-call shifts a few times a year. Engineers at Hudl all participate in ops duty, not just infrastructure engineers.
- Treat you like an adult. We really do believe in work-life balance. We’ll trust you to get work done and take a break when you need it. Use time off when you want and how you want.
- Give you what you need. We’ll supply the environment and tools for success, allowing you to focus on professional growth and career development.
- Challenge you. You'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the company's success, allowing for constant collaboration.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion.