Interested in working at Hudl? Awesome. Here’s what you need to know.
Our goal is to change the way coaches, athletes and analysts prepare for and stay ahead of the competition. Whether it’s with video, stats or a combination of the two, we want our tools to help every step of the way. That’s why we’re always hiring, and we need the best because a product is only as good as the people behind it.
Hudl is looking for an Engagement Data Analyst for its Media team. This is an exciting opportunity to translate data/research into actionable user, audience, content, and business insights.
- Avid social media user and digital/social video content consumer; the first of your friends to know about digital trends and emerging platforms
- A constant learner. You strive not just to learn, but to apply what you’ve learned in your personal and professional life.
- Collaborative. You play well with others and have made each team you’ve worked on better.
- An intermediate with SQL. You can write intermediate level SQL queries to manipulate data and power insightful reports
- Able to interpret technical analysis. You can understand technical analysis completed by yourself or other analysts and can effectively explain that to a technical audience.
- Able to tell stories with data through great data visualization and non-technical wording.
- Analytical, analytical, analytical. Making decisions based on instinct raises a red flag for you. You think data is more important than opinions. You love finding patterns in data.
Work with the media team to
- Synthesize large amounts of data from disparate sources into audience insights, content development ideas and marketing recommendations for internal teams & clients
- Analyze data from Hudl but also YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram and Twitter to develop actionable strategies that increase video viewership, post engagement and channel growth.
- Oversee engagement analytics for brand partnership campaigns
- Tell digestible stories to internal stakeholders and clients with data; build polished, scalable, insightful decks/spreadsheets that benchmark performance and emphasize recommendations
- Manage internal tracking and reporting cadence for critical metrics and KPIs
You will also
- Build and run SQL scripts. You will write SQL scripts to pull, aggregate, and transform data for reporting
- Build, monitor, and maintain dashboards. You will create data visualizations and build dashboards to make sure Hudlies have the most relevant data and metrics at their fingertips to make more informed decisions.
- Tell stories backed by data. You will analyze data and communicate insights that tell a powerful story that will drive stakeholder action.
- Learn agile methodologies. You will learn to manage tasks and communication in an agile methodology.
- Test. You will work closely with the rest of our Decision Science team to test changes to workflows, reporting, and analytic results and report problems back to the team.
- Adjust and update database models. You will implement design changes to data models in Amazon Redshift designed by other data analysts to ensure accurate business reporting.
- Manage and prioritize tasks. You will own projects from beginning to end and manage your tasks accordingly to achieve business objectives.
- Partner with Stakeholders. You will work directly with consumers of our data projects to vet project ideas, prioritize work, collect feedback, and deliver results.
- 3+ years experience in a highly analytical role
- Experience in social media analytics, marketing analytics, audience analytics, consumer insights OR other applicable field at a media brand or marketing team/agency
- 2+ years experience cleaning and aggregating messy data sets for use in analytics
- Proven ability to integrate multiple data sources and translate them into actionable insights that influence business partners
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion.