Interested in working at Hudl? Awesome. Here’s what you need to know.
Our goal is to change the way coaches, athletes and analysts prepare for and stay ahead of the competition. Whether it’s with video, stats or a combination of the two, we want our tools to help every step of the way. That’s why we’re always hiring, and we need the best because a product is only as good as the people behind it.
Hudl needs an experienced Product Design leader to oversee the design and user experience of Hudl’s pro team services and products (both digital and hardware). You will propagate a strong design practice, influence product strategy for our pro team initiatives, and make a strong impact on product execution and quality. As a Sr. Design Manager, you’ll also provide design mentorship and be a champion for both craft and career development, as well as create the operational space and organizational cover to help your designers focus on executing their best work.
As a qualified candidate, you have both an incredible eye for detail and an ability to think big, break new ground, innovate and impact the business. You have experience leading teams designing for mobile (native apps and mobile web), desktop web, MacOS, and email, and you have a strong track record and a body of work that demonstrates clear wins to user and business impact, as well as the particulars in overall experience, visual polish, animations, and complex interactions.
You must be a proven leader, an excellent communicator, and a cross-functional, cross-organizational team player that can thrive in a very fast-paced, dynamic working environment. You are comfortable working closely with passionate designers, product managers, engineers, marketers, and executives that care deeply about creating high-impact products.
- Manage, mentor and inspire a team of product designers, providing design direction and pushing the quality of the design work
- Push the boundaries of your team’s UX/UI/visual execution and explore new ideas. Be able to think “Blue Sky” and explore divergent concepts and create trajectory for the company
- Have deep knowledge of all stages of a user’s journey as they interact with our products and services.
- Excel as a part time solo Product Designer on a delivery team.
- Influence user lifecycle product strategy and lead your team in executing design work with a high level of polish, and understand how to solve a range of tactical & contained issues to much more complex, loosely defined product challenges across all digital platforms: MacOS, iOS, Android, web, and email
- Know how to lead and represent your team effectively, substantiate the work and the decisions behind them, and be an advocate for user-centered design
- Build relationships with cross functional team members and executives across business units, and effectively speak to process, design goals and team vision as a strong representative of the design team
- Step change productivity and accelerate team efficiency by improving processes and workflows with the design team and cross functional teams
- Help hire and retain top talent, focusing on attracting designers from various backgrounds and perspectives.
- Operate as a leader in our Leeds or London office with cross functional partners, establishing culture and providing leadership
- On routine, travel to our other offices (Chiavari, Italy, Sydney, Australia and Lincoln, Nebraska)
- You have 5+ years of direct managerial leadership with teams that build service and support systems at either consumer-focused technology, media, or SaaS companies
- You have experience leading both cross-functional User Experience teams with a variety of crafts (Visual, Interaction, Research, Industrial). This includes skills like management of individual contributors, and across multiple levels of Product/UX Designer experience.
- You are a player/coach and servant leader with practical UX design and research chops you don’t mind dusting off. You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to craft awesome, consumer-oriented experiences.
- You’re a fantastic communicator. You have the interpersonal skills to help you work cross-functionally with business partners. You shine most at motivating others to carry forward and execute a strategy without needing to be in the room.
- You have a user and evidence-based problem solving mentality. You are constantly looking to hone your teams instincts through user feedback and data insight. You understand the role and importance of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- You are hungry to learn and evolve in all things. From leadership skills to design craft to process to industry and market trends—you never stop pushing into the next big challenge.
- You are familiar and comfortable motivating large design systems that you may or may not own directly. Balancing the needs of our user experience principles and business goals with the practicalities of a company that values speed-to-ship over all things.
- Brownie points: you have experience creating video and analytics services and products
- Extra brownie points: you have experience in the sports industry
- Treat you like an adult. We will trust you to get the work done and take a break when you need it. Use your unlimited vacation when and how you want, including extended parental leave for both moms and dads.
- Give you what you need. We will supply the environment and tools for success, allowing you to focus on professional growth and career development.
- Challenge you. We promise you'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the company's success.
We have offices all over the world and are proudly headquartered in Lincoln, NE. We’re looking to add to our teams in Leeds and London with relocation assistance available on an as-needed basis.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion.