Interested in working at Hudl? Awesome. Here’s what you need to know.
Our goal is to change the way coaches, athletes and analysts prepare for and stay ahead of the competition. Whether it’s with video, stats or a combination of the two, we want our tools to help every step of the way. That’s why we’re always hiring, and we need the best because a product is only as good as the people behind it.
We're searching for a Product Designer to help us build products that deliver fast, reliable video to teams everywhere.
What do Product Designers on the Capture and Watch Tribe do at Hudl?
The Capture & Watch tribe designs products that deliver fast, reliable video to every team member everywhere.
Recording is the first step for a team to unlock the value of our platform. We’re building the next generation of automatic capture devices that allow coaches and analysts to truly focus on their team’s performance.
We are making it easy for coaches, analysts and athletes all around the world to find and consume video to learn and develop their skills. When teams want to dig in, slow things down or jump to key moment in the game, we give them the controls to do so. Capture & Watch designers are continually evolving the video experiences to be intuitive, quick and reliable on any device anywhere.
We make the above process as headache-free as possible. We lead small, cross-functional teams in creating and shipping clear, delightful user experiences. As a Product Designer at Hudl...
- Design the next generation of automatic capture devices that allow coaches and analysts to truly focus on their team’s performance.
- Continually evolve our video experiences to be intuitive, quick and reliable on any device anywhere.
- Perform user research with Hudl’s customers, people like coaches, athletes, and analysts at all levels of sport.
- Sketch, mock and prototype solutions, then throw away what doesn’t work.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to roll out improvements based on feedback from real-world use.
- Have strong beliefs, loosely held, about what’s best for the product.
- Understand that technical, business, and design constraints factor into every product decision.
- Know how and when to tactfully say, “No."
- Think that great copy-writing is an essential part of creating clear user interfaces.
- Tell the story of a product or service with sharp copy and crisp imagery—people get fired up after your presentations.
- Well versed in, and opinionated about, visual and user experience design.
- Experienced in designing effective mobile product solutions to real customer problems.
- Experienced in an agile product environment and are able to work with product managers and engineers to ship a high impact product.
- Able to choose the best medium and fidelity to convey your ideas at each stage of a project (not every project goes paper sketches, Figma, HTML).
- Not afraid to ship small, quick experiments to validate or invalidate your assumptions and opinions.
- Ideally, somewhat experienced with the software side of hardware offerings.
- Also preferably, experienced with service design on complex products.
- Treat you like an adult. We will trust you to get the work done and take a break when you need it. Use your unlimited vacation when and how you want, including extended parental leave for both moms and dads.
- Give you what you need. We will supply the environment and tools for success, allowing you to focus on professional growth and career development.
- Challenge you. We promise you'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the company's success.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion.