As a Business Development Representative, your role is to seek out and engage “good fit” companies through strategic prospecting. To do this you will leverage HubSpot’s existing leads and generate new interest through calls, emails and social media messaging.
When connecting with a prospect you will learn about their business challenges to determine whether HubSpot will serve as a solution. When you have identified a qualified prospect, your goal is to concisely communicate the value of HubSpot and gain interest in a deeper conversation with an Account Executive.
You will have a working relationship with 2-3 Account Executives. Each day you will collaborate with the Account Executives you support and your fellow BDRs to develop innovative strategies for uncovering new opportunities.
What are the responsibilities of a Business Development Representative?
In this role, you will need to:
- Conduct high volume prospecting for qualified leads
- Work closely and collaboratively with an assigned Account Executive to develop and implement appropriate prospect strategies and plans
- Work internally with the sales management and marketing teams to ensure proper quality and quantity of demonstrations
- Schedule online product demonstrations for an assigned Account Executive
- Conduct needs assessments calls with specific prospects as assigned
What are the role requirements?
- Sales or prospecting experience
- Fluency in both German and English
- A sharp focus on your goals and a strong approach for achieving them
- The ability to deal and address objections
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Tons of energy, passion, humor, compassion, and enthusiasm
Who exceeds in this role?
Top performers in the Business Development Representative usually have:
- Experience working in a high-growth, "scale up" environment,
- Passion for helping businesses grow and curiosity about the tech industry
- Humility and enthusiasm in their work
What are some of the benefits of working at HubSpot?
- Generous remuneration and stock units
- Interactive employee training and onboarding in Dublin
- An education allowance up to €4,250 per annum
- Life Assurance
- Long term illness cover
- 25 days holidays and unlimited vacation
- Fitness reimbursement
- Amazing colleagues to learn from and enjoy company social outings, parties, and events