Holwell Shuster & Goldberg LLP is a litigation boutique specializing in the trial of complex commercial cases, with a particular focus on sophisticated financial, securities, antitrust and bankruptcy-related disputes. Our firm’s success is largely determined by our commitment to hiring and developing the very best and brightest and creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of service.
Staff attorneys provide support for the firm’s partners, counsel and associates. At this time, Holwell Shuster & Goldberg LLP will not be accepting applicants submitted through search firms. All qualified candidates must submit their own applications to be considered for this position.
Representative responsibilities and duties will include:
- Assistance in all aspects of discovery, including document review, preparation of privilege logs, preparation of written discovery & responses, preparation of exhibits and outlines for depositions and trial
- Research and analysis of financial statements and filings, agreements, and loan documents
- Factual and legal research
- Assistance with drafting and cite-checking pleadings and motion papers
- Must possess a JD from a tier 1 or tier 2 law school
- Must be admitted to the NY State bar
- Must display academic excellence as defined by a law school minimum GPA of 3.3 (those with lower GPA scores need not apply) in addition to one of the following distinctions: law review/journal, state or federal clerkship experience or receipt of scholarships/awards based on law school academic performance
- Must possess a minimum of 2-3 years of experience as a litigation associate, staff attorney and/or contract attorney gained at a top 100 law firm
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment required
- The base salary for this position is $150K/year. There also is a discretionary year-end bonus.