What you’ll be a part of:
DCG is a multi-billion dollar global enterprise that builds, buys, and invests in leading blockchain and digital asset companies all over the world. Founded in 2015 by CEO Barry Silbert, the company’s mission is to accelerate the development of a better financial system through the development of digital assets and blockchain technology. Today, DCG sits at the epicenter of the fintech industry, backing more than 150 companies in 35 countries.
In addition to its investment portfolio, DCG is the parent company of Genesis (a global digital asset prime brokerage), Grayscale Investments (the largest digital currency asset manager), CoinDesk (the leading media and events company in the digital asset space), Foundry (a digital asset mining and staking company), and Luno (a Bitcoin and Digital Asset Exchange).
We passionately believe bitcoin and blockchain technology will drive global economic and social change. Our unique model enables us to deploy our resources to build the bitcoin and blockchain ecosystem over the long term. Join us and be part of the team that is transforming the future of finance.
What is the role?
We are currently hiring a Senior Engineer, Front-End to work directly with the Chief Product Officer and SVP, Engineering within Digital Currency Group's newest subsidiary, HQ. This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a founding team.
As a team member, you will be instrumental in building our tech platform in partnership with our external development partners and defining the system architecture. You will have responsibility for building applications, leading junior engineers, writing/reviewing technical specifications, and partnering with product managers and 3rd party development teams through execution.
As a member of a small but growing team, you will be positioned to work on defining our foundational stack and architecture. You will be asked to balance security with modern Cloud technologies, ensuring our users have the best and safest experience possible.
What you have to achieve:
- Delivering reliable and scalable user experiences using modern libraries and technologies
- Working with the product team from ideation to delivery
- Following Agile practices for tracking and planning tasks
- Directing agency partners as needed to ensure deliverables meet internal standards
- Building strong relationships with our external development agencies and partners
- Partnering with product managers to identify actionable opportunities and design solutions that positively impact our platform, resulting in a successful track record of releasing quality, adopted software
- Contributing to a culture of excellence in delivering high-quality applications
What we expect:
Expertise in front-end development
- 8+ years of professional front-end development around the user experience
- Experience with view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support)
- Experience test-driven development of web applications using any combination of Typescript, Python, Scala, Ruby, and related frameworks preferred but not strictly required
- Experience developing UI/UX for real-time data-intensive applications
- Experience building browser extensions
- Appreciation and attention to UI/UX details required for a high-touch application
- Experience and desire to work within a fast-paced, iterative development environment
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders throughout the product lifecycle
- Experience with CICD pipelines and deployment in cloud environments
- Knowledge of application, object, and function design patterns
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and proactive
- Ability to work both independently and on a fast-paced team
Solving problems, together
- You are a proven collaborator and communicator; you know how to listen and work well with experts across disciplines
- You know how to admit what you don’t know, and how to ask the right people for help
- You thrive working in complex environments with many internal and external stakeholders
- You take privacy and security seriously, and always consider them when developing solutions
Excited to build from scratch
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- A self-starter who proactively builds and solves problems
$155,000 to $220,000 annually.
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
What we offer:
- Inspiring colleagues and an invigorating startup environment
- Competitive base salary, bonus and incentive compensation
- Company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- 401K plan
- Pre-tax transit and parking program and flexible spending programs for medical and dependent care
- Flexible time off and paid parental leave
- Brand new water-front office opening later this year with world-class perks and amenities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.