What you’ll be a part of:
DCG is a multi-billion dollar global enterprise that builds, buys, and invests in leading blockchain and digital asset companies all over the world. Founded in 2015 by CEO Barry Silbert, the company’s mission is to accelerate the development of a better financial system through the development of digital assets and blockchain technology. Today, DCG sits at the epicenter of the fintech industry, backing more than 150 companies in 35 countries.
In addition to its investment portfolio, DCG is the parent company of Genesis (a global digital asset prime brokerage), Grayscale Investments (the largest digital currency asset manager), CoinDesk (the leading media and events company in the digital asset space), Foundry (a digital asset mining and staking company), and Luno (a Bitcoin and Digital Asset Exchange).
We passionately believe bitcoin and blockchain technology will drive global economic and social change. Our unique model enables us to deploy our resources to build the bitcoin and blockchain ecosystem over the long term. Join us and be part of the team that is transforming the future of finance.
What is the role?
We are currently hiring for an Associate, Investments to work within Digital Currency Group's newest subsidiary, HQ. HQ’s team works with the world’s leading crypto, blockchain, and DeFi entrepreneurs and investors on wealth and life management projects.
In this role, you will be responsible for sourcing potential investment opportunities, conducting due diligence, and drafting investment memorandums for fund investments and co-investments.
- Administering full cycle deal flow including but not limited to sourcing, analyzing, due diligence, negotiation, settlement, and post investment management
- Preparing investment memos for and participating in investment committee discussions
- Staying apprised of the market in areas where direct investments are made or are being considered and assessing market performance and trends
- Managing and streamlining deal flow software and data
- Closely collaborating with the Wealth Advisory and Legal and Compliance teams
What we expect:
Expertise in the investment process
- 3-5 years of experience in private equity, venture capital, an endowment, or family office
- Demonstrated ability to execute and lead full cycle deal flow including sourcing early-stage investment opportunities
- Strong financial modeling, analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving capabilities
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the investment space and ability to build processes and systems from the ground up
- Experience with or strong interest in digital assets is a plus
Solving problems, together
- You are organized with excellent time management skills and meticulous attention to detail
- You are a proven collaborator and communicator; you know how to listen and work well with experts across disciplines
- You know how to admit what you don’t know, and how to ask the right people for help
- You thrive working in complex environments with many internal and external stakeholders
- You take privacy and security seriously, and always consider them when developing solutions
Excited to build from scratch
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- A self-starter who proactively builds and solves problems
$120,000 to $150,000 annually.
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
What we offer:
- Inspiring colleagues and an invigorating startup environment
- Competitive base salary, bonus and incentive compensation
- Company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- 401K plan
- Pre-tax transit and parking program and flexible spending programs for medical and dependent care
- Flexible time off and paid parental leave
- Brand new water-front office opening later this year with world-class perks and amenities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.